Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ambivalence towards MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great post. Ignore all the Tesla stans. Absolutely agree about driving feel. Which is why I have a model 3 now even though a y would have been 100x better for my family/situation (and I still have regret)
I drove my friend's M3. Better, but felt marginally more engaging than my Prius (if only it had that kind of power). I tend to like livelier feel even at the expense of power, as my handle might suggest. 😎

• Funny
Reactions: Jejunjm and msee67
My wife and I are pissed at Tesla for denying the emmc warranty repair on our 2014 Model S that clearly should have been covered. Reducing our charging speeds and range via hidden in software updates didn't help either. We were planning on replacing our Model S with a Y but Tesla's shenanigans motivated us to test drive the Mach-E. We liked the way it drove (though the RWD is much slower than our Model 3 LR), the driver display is minimalist but very nice and quality looked good to me. My biggest issues were that it still had a start/stop button, too many of the menu options (like address entry) stay greyed out even if you hit 'I am the Passenger' and the elsewhere mentioned 24 week delivery and >$4k dealer markups. Ford's BlueCruise looks to only be as good as AutoPilot was 2 years ago, is months away at least and, like GM, is restricted to HD mapped roads. We really want to switch from Tesla but given the state of other EV chargers are loathe to buy a car we insecure about road tripping

Revisiting the high water thing, this car survived driving through water high enough to food the rear trunk and rip off trim pieces?!?!? Cool!!!
Weeeeeellll. . ."high water" is relative. I've driven through water that, for brief moments, crested at the bottom of my windshield and suffered about a gallon inside the car and nowhere else. No trim pieces fell off, but that's not saying much since the '92 Accord didn't have much trim on the outside to begin with. I'm guessing the water wasn't so high but the buckled valence scooped water up into the compartment.

What WASN'T cool was cranking the a/c in order to dry out the car. With the a/c running full blast while plugged into a Gen2 wall charger, the draw went on for so long that the terminal block in the wall charger melted. One of the leads MIGHT not have been secured properly, because what's a torque screwdriver?! Ugh. I didn't know I needed one. Operator error.

Oh well. Live and hope you learn. 😛