Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ambushing Tesla Today (In a Good Way)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla is supposed to be delivered Sunday at my home between 4pm and 8pm. Very end of the weekend. Boo. No time to work on it or play with it. I work close to the pick up/service center, I'm going to just go down there today (Friday) and see if they'll just let me pick it up. Worst they can say is no, right? Maybe they let me drive off with it? All the paper work is done, it's all paid. I KNOW it's there, my friend just pick his up there yesterday and we ordered a couple days apart. What are my odds? I'll post the out come later tonight.

You waited this long why rush now. Let them prep the car so your not on the forum an hour later complaining about a fingerprint on the glass or a smudge. Sunday will be here in no time.
HAHAHA! Yes, true. But I would come back at you with this: My understanding is home deliveries are wham bam thank you ma'am and the driver is gone. Delivery center will always let you take as long as you like. Plus if there is an issue, where are you better equipped to deal with it? BTW, I'm not picky at all, I will just get in a drive! :)

Reactions: Yelobird
Payment after or at the time of delivery was available long time ago, ( my MX 2019 was home delivered and they took the check after delivering the car) - not any more, for my MY 2020, i had to transfer the money to Tesla a/c before they scheduled the delivery.

Payment after or at the time of delivery was available long time ago, ( my MX 2019 was home delivered and they took the check after delivering the car) - not any more, for my MY 2020, i had to transfer the money to Tesla a/c before they scheduled the delivery.
My delivery is scheduled, I pick it up next Friday. I haven't paid yet. I'm bringing a cashier's check.

Reactions: DanDi58
My delivery is scheduled, I pick it up next Friday. I haven't paid yet. I'm bringing a cashier's check.

I was to initially to hand the check to the person delivering my Tesla apon delivery. After going to the dealership today, they said I could do pick up tomorrow (Saturday). So I didn't get my car today but I will get to pick it up a day earlier and avoid home delivery. Just personal preference at this point, but I'm happier getting it early and beinable to inspect it on the dealership site. Obviously I hand over final payment there.

I was to initially to hand the check to the person delivering my Tesla apon delivery. After going to the dealership today, they said I could do pick up tomorrow (Saturday). So I didn't get my car today but I will get to pick it up a day earlier and avoid home delivery. Just personal preference at this point, but I'm happier getting it early and beinable to inspect it on the dealership site. Obviously I hand over final payment there.
Hope it went well!