Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzan speed comparison vs Intel Atom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same with mine. Opening YouTube and Netflix is not that long. Still craptacular compared to my kids old tablet but faster than what I see on this video.

I’d still take the Ryzen as there is no negative to it but people are wrongly assuming the apps are slow loading due to a poor performing intel cpu.
I think some are hoping that the Ryzen in the Y and 3 will have the day GPU that’s in the S and X which I would highly doubt.
I don’t really agree with that video. It does not confirm whether it’s 2022 Ryzen v 2022 Intel. My 2022 model 3P Intel loads way quicker than that video depicts.

I don’t really agree with that video. It does not confirm whether it’s 2022 Ryzen v 2022 Intel. My 2022 model 3P Intel loads way quicker than that video depicts.
Yeah, it's hard to say. My Youtube doesn't look anything like the one in the video... but it probably takes at least 15 seconds to open each time. One thing I thought was very strange about the video is the part where they show the map and zoom out and wait for the map tiles to load -- I don't think I've ever noticed that unless I was somewhere with very crappy service. Even the Ryzen in the video seemed to take longer to load the map than what I experience in my 2021 Intel Model Y.

Reactions: Lipper
I haven’t owned a phone, or computer that didn’t slowly lose its speed somewhat as tech and software improved year over year.
It’s just the way it is.

If they offer an upgrade, you can chose to pay for an upgrade. Otherwise you’ll have to live with what you bought.

I haven’t owned a phone, or computer that didn’t slowly lose its speed somewhat as tech and software improved year over year.
It’s just the way it is.

If they offer an upgrade, you can chose to pay for an upgrade. Otherwise you’ll have to live with what you bought.
It's not that the processor gets slower, it's that the operating system and software capabilities expand to ask more of it.

There are a smattering of reports (from Australia?) that there is a reduction in range. I'm trying to get feedback from folks in the U.S.A. who have gotten a M3LR with the AMD Ryzen to confirm that though.

The Atom E3950 used 14 watts. I couldn't find anything detailing the specific Ryzen processor, but it appears to be a model with a combined graphics processor and those typically consume 35-65 watts. Worst case scenario the Ryzen would use 51 watts more than the Atom. For reference, the Model Y has about a 75 kWh battery. If you ran the processor for 10 hours it would use 0.5 kWh more than the atom. Hardly enough to matter so there must be something else playing into the range reports. (Or I have the wrong data on the processor power consumption.)

Reactions: CDN-Build
If you ran the processor for 10 hours it would use 0.5 kWh more than the atom. Hardly enough to matter so there must be something else playing into the range reports. (Or I have the wrong data on the processor power consumption.)
That's the logic that I've seen bantered about, but after seeing this link I'm trying to find an owner who can report on the actual range of their M3LR with the AMD Ryzen.

Last edited: