Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the importance of this? Does the current one have known deficiencies?
Just like your smart watch, smart phone, computer etc, tech has limits. Eventually they will be outdated and not able to keep in with growing tech. The Ryzen is a better processor, so simply put; it will last stand the test of time better.

Just like your smart watch, smart phone, computer etc, tech has limits. Eventually they will be outdated and not able to keep in with growing tech. The Ryzen is a better processor, so simply put; it will last stand the test of time better.
I wasn't clear in my post, I was referring to the front camera housing change. Obviously a better processor only makes things faster.

Reactions: Steve S
I took delivery of a MYP last Thurday and I’ll be honest, I’m going to be a little pissed if it’s true. Making a change like that and we’re not even through the second month of 2022 deliveries will sour me a little ‘if and when’ I order another Tesla in the future. Now if these updates are retrofit able, that would be different.
I totally agree. I want to purchase a model y but I’m waiting for someone to confirm the ryzen chip and the double paned back window

I took delivery of a MYP last Thurday and I’ll be honest, I’m going to be a little pissed if it’s true. Making a change like that and we’re not even through the second month of 2022 deliveries will sour me a little ‘if and when’ I order another Tesla in the future. Now if these updates are retrofit able, that would be different.
The computers are drop in so all signs point to being upgradable, at a cost, in the future.
I totally agree. I want to purchase a model y but I’m waiting for someone to confirm the ryzen chip and the double paned back window
I think you’ll be 1 for 2 based on reports. And then if you wait for the glass you might as well wait for 4680s. And then you’ll want to wait for the kinks to get worked out. And then they’ll be something new… at some point just dive in and go!

The computers are drop in so all signs point to being upgradable, at a cost, in the future.

I think you’ll be 1 for 2 based on reports. And then if you wait for the glass you might as well wait for 4680s. And then you’ll want to wait for the kinks to get worked out. And then they’ll be something new… at some point just dive in and go!
right, do you want the new iphone next september, or get the iphone 13 now?

Pretty neat they're including in the Fremont builds already!

I can already predict the"OMFG I can't believe Tesla is using us as beta testers in their Ryzen equipped vehicles! How can they do such a thing in such an expensive car!?!?!?" threads. There's just no way to win - people will be pissed they JUST missed out on the Ryzen equipped cars, and those who debug the first set of issues will whine they shouldn't be shipped before longer soak time.

(Requested mods move to this to User Interface )

Last edited: