Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was just assigned a 349 vin for MYP and pick up is tomorrow. Wondering if I should delay it as I don’t need the car urgently but at the same time want the car
I wouldn’t delay. Right now it’s very unclear who or what get a Ryzen chip or even when they will become standard. You could be delaying for no reason or have a 2-3 month delay.

Reactions: _panda and SMR514
Just sharing my situation...

A couple days ago I received my VIN NF352XXX, yesterday it disappeared from my acct. , I got a new VIN NF353xxx last night. I just got a text message to accept delivery for tomorrow 12/31 at tentative 8 PM .... they really are pushing me to take delivery this year 😁

I called the DC and spoke with a SA, he mentioned my vehicle is still in production and he can't tell me a hard Date and time for delivery at this time... he said that it looks like my vehicle will come with the Intel Atom on it.... just sharing....

I will report it here once I take delivery ..

Happy New Year..

Just sharing my situation...

A couple days ago I received my VIN NF352XXX, yesterday it disappeared from my acct. , I got a new VIN NF353xxx last night. I just got a text message to accept delivery for tomorrow 12/31 at tentative 8 PM .... they really are pushing me to take delivery this year 😁

I called the DC and spoke with a SA, he mentioned my vehicle is still in production and he can't tell me a hard Date and time for delivery at this time... he said that it looks like my vehicle will come with the Intel Atom on it.... just sharing....

I will report it here once I take delivery ..

Happy New Year..
Will you be picking it up or delaying and waiting for AMD?

Quite peculiar on how few reports of new MCU there are. It is like they did a test run with some being installed to be monitored for some time.
My thoughts exactly. Which is why I’ve decided not to go crazy and put my order on hold over a chip, especially since it’s unusual in my experience for tesla to not push the same change for all subset of vehicles after a certain build.

Not sure if there will be Free of Upgrades?? spent a ton but then i don't get the same stuff as others like better and faster(processor) and lighter (battery)

Got my red MYP 2 weeks ago "sales rep" said congrats its 2022 ofc i knew by looking at VIN lol
still uses Intel, no rear double pane window, no new lithium battery, (no comm. using usb-c (charging only but why?))
Alot of imperfection gaps, heavy condensation in both fog lights ( i picked it up after it rained)
Also.. there's phantom touch in infotainment even with oem screen film off after i got it home,
yes it gets slow and worse
i couldn't even use navigation nor search location and all other stuff.
i had to let it shutdown for few minutes even with 2- button resets doesnt work.
not sure if Tesla is care to take a look at it because it doesn't always do that..
btw dashcam playback played backward and jumps few times..
Hopefully they will just slide in a AMD processor to fix this instead of Intel replacement.

whats going on with mixed up changes.

Not sure if there will be Free of Upgrades?? spent a ton but then i don't get the same stuff as others like better and faster(processor) and lighter (battery)

Got my red MYP 2 weeks ago "sales rep" said congrats its 2022 ofc i knew by looking at VIN lol
still uses Intel, no rear double pane window, no new lithium battery, (no comm. using usb-c (charging only but why?))
Alot of imperfection gaps, heavy condensation in both fog lights ( i picked it up after it rained)
Also.. there's phantom touch in infotainment even with oem screen film off after i got it home,
i had to let it shutdown for few minutes even with 2- button resets doesnt work.
not sure if Tesla is care to take a look at it because it doesn't always do that..
Hopefully they will just slide in a AMD processor to fix this instead of Intel replacement.

Not even sure what half that means. And no, there is 0 chance Tesla gives you an AMD upgrade to fix your issues because they have over 1 million cars running the same processor as you.

What’s your VIN range?

Quite peculiar on how few reports of new MCU there are. It is like they did a test run with some being installed to be monitored for some time.
Could be possible? But you'd think they would do a trial like this with internal employee's vehicles or something. They had to have known that if word got out that they were putting the new chips in some cars, they would put themselves in a "mass holds" situation.