Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CaliX gets theirs today. 355 manufactured in 2022. I get mine which is also a 355 between Jan 14-20 (EDD went earlier and wider this morning).

I‘ll check the door to make sure it’s 01/22 to be 100%. If these ones don’t have AMD, then it’s definitely not a 01/01/2022 thing and is something later. So many of the twitter posts have been wrong or partially wrong. And the SAs are just guessing at this point. I’m only believing facts / actual shipping cars.
Another variable is MYP and MYLR as well.

There are more than 2. Please see: 2022 Tesla Updates Tracker (Responses)
I anticipate that there will be more inputs by the beginning of next week.
Yes, there is 1 more than 2, wow. There are 2 MY LR listed with 139 and 124 vins. Those are likely M3 or they have no idea what a VIN is. It might be more useful to know delivery date since most people have no idea how to get build date other than the month/year on the door plate which isn't very specific either. There is also a 080 M3 that says they have Li-Ion, doubtful... The tracker is only as helpful as the people being able to understand, find and enter the data.

A suggestion, make all fields required instead of allowing "I don't know" as an answer. If you don't know one of the answers and don't know how to figure it out, how likely are you to be adding good information? Also, instructions/pictures on the differences between them or how to find them would be good.

Reactions: rishid
Yes, there is 1 more than 2, wow. There are 2 MY LR listed with 139 and 124 vins. Those are likely M3 or they have no idea what a VIN is. It might be more useful to know delivery date since most people have no idea how to get build date other than the month/year on the door plate which isn't very specific either. There is also a 080 M3 that says they have Li-Ion, doubtful... The tracker is only as helpful as the people being able to understand, find and enter the data.

A suggestion, make all fields required instead of allowing "I don't know" as an answer. If you don't know one of the answers and don't know how to figure it out, how likely are you to be adding good information? Also, instructions/pictures on the differences between them or how to find them would be good.
Right, I don't really trust this tracker either. I like to see people post in the forum, even better with photo.

Looks like many people are taking deliveries next week, we will see.

Reactions: Tesraki and BGOwner
Right, I don't really trust this tracker either. I like to see people post in the forum, even better with photo.

Looks like many people are taking deliveries next week, we will see.
I see a total of 6 AMD. The data was entered by the same folks who respond in this forum after accepting deliveries, not prior. You don't have to believe the tracker but then you can't believe members of this forum also. I don't believe in theories that the data in the spreadsheet got "jacked up", as there is no evidence. There was one glitch, but the data reverted back to normal in a few hours.

I see a total of 6 AMD. The data was entered by the same folks who respond in this forum after accepting deliveries, not prior. You don't have to believe the tracker but then you can't believe members of this forum also. I don't believe in theories that the data in the spreadsheet got "jacked up", as there is no evidence. There was one glitch, but the data reverted back to normal in a few hours.
I’m only seeing 3 Ys in the spreadsheet based on VINs. There is a fourth reported as a Y but the VIN is in the M3 range.

I’m really interested to find out about the folks whose SAs told them they are receiving the AMD.

I don't believe in theories that the data in the spreadsheet got "jacked up", as there is no evidence. There was one glitch, but ...
You apparently weren't looking when @canada and I were looking. There were ethanol batteries (multiple) and nearly all of the rear windows had been changed to "dual glazed". Maybe it has been cleaned up now, but it was far more than one glitch. Hard to trust it when it could be messed up that much.

Reactions: Rydyl
From a publicity point of view, this move can be a double-edged sword. if they can convert Fremont production to the new hardware configurations within the next month or so, then this move would play in Tesla's favor. Now, if they determine that selected M3s and MYs, equipped with Ryzens, for some reason are having issues, and or they have not used up Intel inventory without an adequate supply of AMD Ryzen, then they would have a huge push-back from the Tesla community shortly.

From what I gathered that's not really a guarantee. From what I was told SA can't guarantee the builds or what's in the car b.c it's done on the fly. So not all hope is lost for you!
There is no guarantee whatsoever before the car enters production. Once it is completely built, experienced SAs can determine true hardware/software configuration.