Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there is a really large spread in VINs compared to when they are manufactured. The most recent confirmed AMD car had a build date of 1/9 and still had a 354 VIN, but there have been 355 and 356 VINs already delivered with earlier build dates. Kind of makes sense if Tesla wants to mask information about number of cars they are shipping out per quarter. I don't put too much stock in VIN numbers and I think SA provided build dates are most likely the best bet. Rumor has it that from 1/11 (today) onwards, everything in Fremont would have switched and prior days might be a mix though it may be that they ran through the last of their intels already and made the switch. I guess we won't know for sure till a couple of weeks from now.
Where did you hear the rumor about switching over on 1/11?

Where did you hear the rumor about switching over on 1/11?
So this was posted on Reddit:

Combined with this:

and the fact that the recent Jan 9 build also had an AMD processor, I figured maybe there is some truth to all of it as they use up the last bit of Intel processors. But nothing really concrete yet. We'll have to wait and see how it pans out over the next couple of weeks I guess.

Reactions: ppktoronto
Based on other users' build dates
- Crispminis got his with AMD built date Jan 9th
- Jayyp is getting it today I think, built date 7th
- Infrain gets it tomorrow, built date 6th.
I also have a 354XXX VIN w/ 1/9 build date. Supposed to take delivery 1/14 but got a text today letting me know it's ready and can be delivered earlier. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on my check from DCU so will probably have to keep my original delivery date.

Will confirm if I won the AMD lottery like @crispiminis since I have same build date and very close VIN 354XXX (between 200-300)

Reactions: Spam2Yam
I also have a 354XXX VIN w/ 1/9 build date. Supposed to take delivery 1/14 but got a text today letting me know it's ready and can be delivered earlier. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on my check from DCU so will probably have to keep my original delivery date.

Will confirm if I won the AMD lottery like @crispiminis since I have same build date and very close VIN 354XXX (between 200-300)
Congrats. If u still want to take delivery early u probably still can. Have DCU send you the image of the check and tracking info. Tesla should be fine with that proof. Your call though.

Great, I know there is a tracker but i trust more the users here.

Updated list:
- Macattackqc - build date: 5th - delivery: 01/26 - CONFIRMED INTEL based on SA
- Infrain - build date: 6th - delivery: tomorrow (01/12)
- Jayyp - build date: 7th - delivery: thursday (01/13)
- Crispminis - build date: 9th - received 01/10 - CONFIRMED AMD
- PNWLeccy - build date: 9th - delivery: Friday (01/14)

Updated list:
Question 1: Who do you think enters data in the tracker?
Question 2: Are you starting a new tracker? If yes, advertise it to the Model Y and 3 expecting "parents".
Thanks for collecting the data, but it may be a duplicate set.

Updated list:
K72V426 - MYP - build date: 4th - delivery: 01/18 - Intel based on SA.

Updated list:
Since you were keeping this list I figured I'd call; 3546XX, built on the 5th, he said 80% likely not the new chip, which I interpret as not the new chip but he didn't want to take a chance of having to hassle with an ugly customer. Delivery 1/22

Question 1: Who do you think enters data in the tracker?
Question 2: Are you starting a new tracker? If yes, advertise it to the Model Y and 3 expecting "parents".
Thanks for collecting the data, but it may be a duplicate set.
Sometimes people see the link and enter dataeven if they don't know anything then never come back to update so the information is partial or false. People who reply to the thread and continually respond to it seem to have more verifiable information. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: Rydyl

Updated list:
Sometimes people see the link and enter dataeven if they don't know anything then never come back to update so the information is partial or false. People who reply to the thread and continually respond to it seem to have more verifiable information. Just my thoughts.
Correct, the tracker is omitting build and delivery dates so we don't know what's planned vs actual. Very difficult to get any insights from it.

If you are managing the tracker, please add the dates are required fields and usernames. Happy to not track manually ;)

Updated list:
- K72V426 - MYP - build date: 4th - delivery: 01/18 - CONFIRMED INTEL based on SA.
- Macattackqc - build date: 5th - delivery: 01/26 - CONFIRMED INTEL based on SA – Got a text later that might get AMD
- Wigan – buid date: 5th – delivery: 01/22 – 80% CONFIRMED INTEL

Congrats. If u still want to take delivery early u probably still can. Have DCU send you the image of the check and tracking info. Tesla should be fine with that proof. Your call though.
I actually just received the check image and tracking from DCU today so I may move up delivery. Friday still works best for my schedule but I'll see if I have the willpower to delay any longer.
Correct, the tracker is omitting build and delivery dates so we don't know what's planned vs actual. Very difficult to get any insights from it.

If you are managing the tracker, please add the dates are required fields and usernames. Happy to not track manually ;)
Yea, I checked out the form and will enter my info there once I can confirm which chip I receive but there is nowhere to enter the build date which seems like the biggest determining factor so far.

Yes, I and another person are managing the tracker.
I have updated the tracker per your suggestion (Thank you).
I can modify data in the spreadsheet should someone makes an error or wish to add additional information. Any member may contact me, and I will be happy to respond within a 24-hour timeframe.
Finally, I do not believe a single word coming out from SAs. I would only track inputs based on the actual delivery (i.e. when the new owner takes possession), not before. IMHO, When a car is fully built and out on the parking lot, only then I would contact your DA for the equipment list of assigned VIN.

Last edited: