Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
went to tesla and saw a MYLR demo with VIN 357XXX, can confirm it have AMD.

EDIT: a thought/idea, if you live by tesla, go and check out their demo, esp if its VIN is much recent, then report back,.

Attachments

• IMG_5756.jpg
    IMG_5756.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 113
I'm telling you folks - it's gonna take a while for AMD chips to get fully adopted, and the service advisors really don't have good info on the topic. They're nice people, but Tesla simply doesn't communicate out to them very well. Rumors of an exact magic cutover date don't look realistic right now (and the Intel chip works fine FYI)

Verified with someone at dealer that the VIN = 154xxx M3LR I received yesterday has a birthdate of Jan 12th with Atom processor and unable to verify 12V upgrade.
I have noticed M3 don’t have that 1/11 cutoff rumor. Haven’t seen a MY built after 1/11 with atom but multiple M3.

Easily can be explained by maybe those who have ryzen only post so our data is skewed.

Or (my theory) if Austin will use AMD tesla wants to have both production lines be the same so they already switched MY Fremont to AMD since Austin opening any day now and it’s building MY not M3.

Probably the first option but who knows

Are they ever fully realized, though? In a year we might be talking about air suspension being the "next big thing". 🤷‍♂️
To me that's nowhere near the order of magnitude change the 4680s and all that will be. Having said that, I sort of think by waiting 18 months air suspension will come along.

I guess I'd define it as what would I want to sell and trade up for? For me, not air suspension; but I would for 4680s, battery pack, and megacastings.

To me that's nowhere near the order of magnitude change the 4680s and all that will be. Having said that, I sort of think by waiting 18 months air suspension will come along.

I guess I'd define it as what would I want to sell and trade up for? For me, not air suspension; but I would for 4680s, battery pack, and megacastings.
Yes, it’s very personal.. myself I’d love to see air suspension before the 4680s, but just goes to show we all value different things.

Reactions: tm1v2

Silly question, but why these? I mean, battery will be battery? (its not like we do road trip everyday)

And the price will be another $5k+ more!

Reactions: DrGriz