Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any of the owners of these VIN's here?

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2022-01-22 a la(s) 13.33.24.png
    Captura de Pantalla 2022-01-22 a la(s) 13.33.24.png
    24 KB · Views: 210
I was assigned a 155xxx VIN for a M3LR yesterday, with a build date of 12 Jan that had an Intel processor. The SA let me pass on the VIN and put a hold on my order until 7 Feb. Hopefully that'll give me a build date late enough in Jan to get an AMD processor

Last edited:
I was assigned a 155xxx VIN for a M3LR yesterday, with a build date of 12 Jan that had an Intel processor. The SA let me pass on the VIN and put a hold on my order until 7 Feb. Hopefully that'll give me a build date late enough in Jan to get an AMD processor
Good move. I’m kinda in the same position. Put my MYP on hold till mid February. So you can delay after getting assigned a VIN without penalty ( kicked to end of line)?

Also, after getting offered a VIN, did you just ask the SA to check what processor is in it? Intel vs Ryzen?
Yes. Again, it depends on the SA. I had asked a week or so ago if they could match me with a VIN that had an AMD when my order came off hold, and that SA said “All cars produced now have those processors and batteries.” Those being AMD and Li-Ion. The SA contacted me for an appointment checked and said it was Intel, when I asked, and let me pass on the VIN

I'm scheduled for delivery on 2/6 for a 3LR and this is what the SA told me.

View attachment 758939
Your SA is just lazy or incompetent. I spoke with four or five different people prior to my delivery. Some were not sure if they can see that level of detail but they told me they would poke around to check. After a few minutes of searching (or asking one of their colleagues), they were able to see that my car had a new computer code-named INFO-Z or something along those lines. Lo and behold, car had the updated chip when I picked it up. I would suggest calling or asking if they can figure it out as many people have been able to have their SA's confirm if they had the new chip or not.