Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question, what is the range that I should expect in my new Tesla model 3 LR with AMD processor? on the website it still says 358
Basically the same as Intel. Maybe a fraction less. It really isn't a thing to worry about at all. Some very uninformed bloggers posing as journalists ran with a story that made no sense and they didn't do the math. Enjoy the car!

Per my previous posts, my wife is a new and proud owner of a MYP (she had an ax previously). Her baby has the AMD chip and new battery.

I was going to install an automated frunk system today but heard that the new LV battery is 15v.

Will this affect modules designed for 12? Or does the car industry have the latitude to accept 12-15 on controls and motors?

Per my previous posts, my wife is a new and proud owner of a MYP (she had an ax previously). Her baby has the AMD chip and new battery.

I was going to install an automated frunk system today but heard that the new LV battery is 15v.

Will this affect modules designed for 12? Or does the car industry have the latitude to accept 12-15 on controls and motors?
I heard back from HansShow just now. No issues with the higher voltage.

122747FF-B0BF-488C-973E-C16737BE2700.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: ishareit
Per Teslascope on twitter, "The first Model 3 and Y vehicles with MCU3 (Infotainment Computer with AMD Ryzen) are now being produced and delivered in North America"

Super exciting, we did not think US would get the Ryzen chips until later this year but it came sooner than expected. If someone took delivery in the past couple days, please check and let us know if you got the new "upgrades"
I'm about to order a LR M3. With delivery times being what they are we would likely get the car around April. So with this in mind. If I order and received the car in the timeframe just described. Percentage-wise what is the likelihood my car will come with the AMD Ryzen screen?

Last edited:
I'm about to order a LR M3. With delivery times being what they are we would likely get the car around April. So with this in mind. If I order and received the car in the timeframe just described. Percentage-wise what is the likelihood my car will come with the AMD Ryzen screen?
Seems like all cars being delivered now have the Ryzen chip. I would say 100%