Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen Buzzing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is only at night in silence. I feel like we may have the same issue. What about you?
I had the exact same issue which was bugging me. Of course the SC said they 'could not replicate the issue.' The issue is coming from the IR part (which only activates at night) of the camera that faces internally. I tried ordering another camera to replace it (at my cost) and got the same issue. The only way I got around it was to disconnect the internal camera and I have had no problem (cross fingers) since. Autopilot and everything still works lol.

I had the exact same issue which was bugging me. Of course the SC said they 'could not replicate the issue.' The issue is coming from the IR part (which only activates at night) of the camera that faces internally. I tried ordering another camera to replace it (at my cost) and got the same issue. The only way I got around it was to disconnect the internal camera and I have had no problem (cross fingers) since. Autopilot and everything still works lol.
How did you narrow it down to the camera? I put my ear up to the rear view mirror and it sounded like it was coming from right inside. Now you got me second guessing it lol

How did you narrow it down to the camera? I put my ear up to the rear view mirror and it sounded like it was coming from right inside. Now you got me second guessing it lol
At first, I thought it was the touchscreen. But I put my ear against the rear view mirror housing and it was clearly from there. I narrowed it to the internal camera because luckily I had my old 2021 Tesla Model Y to compare with and it had no buzzing. That model had the old internal camera version that does not have the IR sensor.

That's my main concern, replacing the part and getting one that's even louder. Did you report this issue to Tesla after the replacement? Also, how did you know about the camera revisions? That's some real detective work! I was already hesitant to do anything at this point because I have tint on the front and a scratch on that would bother me much more than the sound that can really only be heard when music is off and the car is stopped. I feel like a lot more people have this problem but have just not noticed it yet.

That's my main concern, replacing the part and getting one that's even louder. Did you report this issue to Tesla after the replacement? Also, how did you know about the camera revisions? That's some real detective work! I was already hesitant to do anything at this point because I have tint on the front and a scratch on that would bother me much more than the sound that can really only be heard when music is off and the car is stopped. I feel like a lot more people have this problem but have just not noticed it yet.
I’m really sensitive to all these kinds of noises (my car has all kinds of random sounds that bother me but don’t even get me started). You can see the camera revisions on the Tesla parts page at epc.Tesla.com. It’s actually quite easy to disconnect the camera (you can find lots of YouTube videos on how to take apart the rear view camera and once you have the rear view camera detached, you get clear access to the cable to the internal camera and you just detach the cable) and it doesn’t seem to make any difference in functionality.

I didn’t report the issue to Tesla as they didn’t even believe this was a valid issue to begin with. I just took it into my own hands and now there is quiet bliss at night.

Man,

I am having the exact same issue. I'm debating on whether or not it's worth it to try and get this fixed, and I have the exact same presentation. Buzzing only in low-light conditions, and it's noticeable if nothing else is running. I was originally worried it was the triple camera but I think just like you said, it's the internal camera.

Man,

I am having the exact same issue. I'm debating on whether or not it's worth it to try and get this fixed, and I have the exact same presentation. Buzzing only in low-light conditions, and it's noticeable if nothing else is running. I was originally worried it was the triple camera but I think just like you said, it's the internal camera.
Totally worth it and it doesn't take too much effort. The toughest part is just getting off the cover to get access to the screw to remove the rear view mirror. I didn't think of it at the time, but I would recommend using those plastic opening picks from iFixIt that they use to open up iPhones.

I'm just writing to let you guys know that my local service center was super helpful in exchanging my interior camera and the buzzing has completely stopped. It was driving me nuts, but there's finally peace in my cabin.

Here's the part number if you guys wanna replace it yourself: 1588124-90-I.

There wasn't any type of post-replacement calibration or anything so it's a pretty accessible DIY if you have the tools and patience to do so. It took my SA maybe 5 minutes total to replace it.

Reactions: Krash