Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

America tonight: Tesla's showroom under fire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An in depth segment on the Tesla dealer fight will be airing tonight at 9pm ET | 6pm PT on the Aljazeera America Network:

"Tesla's business model of selling cars direct to consumers has National Automobile Dealer Association (NADA) declaring war. This week, America Tonight looks at the debate up close in Marietta, Georgia. (new, 60 minutes)"

You should be able to find the channel on most cable providers: Schedule | Al Jazeera America

I think only snippets of the segment will be available later online (not the whole in-depth segment) so you might want to try and catch it on TV when it airs (or record it) if you can.

I bet ( without any real evidence ) that in the high-end market segment, that the profit split between the dealer and the manufacturer is very different than the low end segment.
I think that at the high-end the dealers make a larger share of the profit.
They are used to tacking on a lot of markup, and a lot of high margin dealer options, and making you pay through the nose for service.

The manufacturers are feeling the sting of losing sales to Tesla, but I bet the dealers are feeling it much much worse.
They have a lot of money and they want to fight.

Watched it last night! The dork in New Jersey couldn't keep a straight face while spitting out the crap about dealers protecting consumers!!
An in depth segment on the Tesla dealer fight will be airing tonight at 9pm ET | 6pm PT on the Aljazeera America Network:

"Tesla's business model of selling cars direct to consumers has National Automobile Dealer Association (NADA) declaring war. This week, America Tonight looks at the debate up close in Marietta, Georgia. (new, 60 minutes)"

You should be able to find the channel on most cable providers: Schedule | Al Jazeera America

I think only snippets of the segment will be available later online (not the whole in-depth segment) so you might want to try and catch it on TV when it airs (or record it) if you can.