Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

American Truck Simulator - Tesla vs Heavy Haul

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does amazing ... in a video game? Really? Lol

It is a video game. But it is a simulator, if you know what that is. They use them in the airline, railroad, and trucking industry and the military, to name a few.

I have been in a simulator used in industry that wasn't as realistic as these newer video game simulators.

Maybe you should get up to speed, or not.

Reactions: bruce4000
It is a video game. But it is a simulator, if you know what that is. They use them in the airline, railroad, and trucking industry and the military, to name a few.

I have been in a simulator used in industry that wasn't as realistic as these newer video game simulators.

Maybe you should get up to speed, or not.
I know what a simulator is. And it’s not representative of real world when it comes to the Tesla semi. To say it does amazing in the simulator is equivalent of saying a model s is indestructible like in the video game need for speed. Useless

maybe you can learn the difference... or not

• Disagree
Reactions: haggis444
Ok you’re right. The Tesla semi is amazing and we know that because of the simulator.

I guess it's hard for you to understand something fairly simple but I'll try and explain it to you.

"This Tesla Semi does amazing in this simulation." What that means is exactly what is stated, nothing more, nothing less.

It seems you have a hard time time with reading comprehension.

Try this :
Reading Comprehension Worksheets | 1st - 10th Grade Passages

I had been playing Euro Truck Simulator for a few weeks out of covid boredom. You quickly learn, even while its a simulation, that there is a direct relation to horsepower and weight. No issue to pull a 9 ton trailer with 410hp, but 410hp and 40 tonnes takes a while, and every hill is just getting tedious...

Now, then I got into modding and found the Tesla Semi mod. Well, let me tell you getting to 60mph in 25 seconds is lightning fast compared to the competition. Quoted range by Tesla is in line with what European trucks would do during a day, because they are limited in driving time and can only drive 9 to 10 hours a day. So there's plenty of time to charge at just even 50kW overnight.

Looking at the investment costs and the cost for energy, I would expect the Semi to be running 2x as cheap as on diesel, and therefore you'd be able to break even after about 200 days. With the power Tesla promises, these machines would also be very interesting for +60 tonnes special haulage.