Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is a little ridiculous, but I remember an interesting video where someone drove through a flooded area in a Tesla while the ICE cars were stuck. Besides not requiring air intake, apparently the car can float (just barely, and a short distance) and get a little propulsion off the spinning wheels. I wonder whether the 3 will have this capability? :) Perhaps even better? Not that I ever plan on driving through floods or lakes.

Really!?! That's awesome, first I am hearing. I have a Mitsubishi iMiev and many of them got destroyed in Hurricane Sandy when their shipping dock got flooded. I watched a guy open the battery pack on YouTube and it was still full of water after being shipped across country. Water tight battery would be cool.

If your car isn't going to make it across the flooded area because it starts to float, just open a door. Now I am harkening back to the floating VW Bug commercial from the 60s:

-Randy