Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ample-opens-5-ev-battery-swapping-stations-for-bay-area-uber-drivers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tesla battery swap gilroy site:tesla.com

You can copy and paste the above into google search.
Then read of Tesla's battery swapping station - many comments from this TMC Forum.
Actual location was Harris Ranch in Gilroy.

Seems a valid experiment to me.

Having battery packs sitting around waiting for swap OR battery packs in cars to sell when you can't make enough to meet demand.

Seems the obvious choice is to sell cars.

PS- how many SuperCharges = one battery swap station? (how many employees to operate?)
Which will have the highest thru put per hour ??

Reactions: Big Earl
So these stations can remove the shield then disconnect cooling lines and electrical cables. Lower the pack. Install new pack and hook up cooling lines and electric connectors, Then put the shield back in place It says they can swap any electric car battery I call BS How many electric cars out there can just swap a module and not the whole pack

So these stations can remove the shield then disconnect cooling lines and electrical cables. Lower the pack. Install new pack and hook up cooling lines and electric connectors, Then put the shield back in place It says they can swap any electric car battery I call BS How many electric cars out there can just swap a module and not the whole pack
swap vs repair vs replace - all 3 are different

side note: many battery cells, modules, packs - a lot of variation and require many different techniques
So you are correct; a lot of BS to be found.

I wonder how it would effect battery warranties. You swap a pack and something goes wrong with the car and it is towed to get repaired. Dealer says sorry it is not the original pack no warranty. Can they guarantee the same range or better with the swapped pack