Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ampol AmpCharge network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So $110k + GST is for installing the solar? Seems a bit high. 30 kW spread between the building and the fuel canopy

Agreed. Albeit maybe it also includes some batteries (would be sensible) albeit not shown on the plans.
I'd expect closer to $1/W for a commercial install of panels only with premium (Fronius) inverters.
Also seem to be using small panels that are only about 250W each.

Exactly my issue, its a hell of a lot more likely that CCS cars are going to turn up. Any more than one Chademo plug at a site like this is mad.

You've got to wonder who is advising the Arena mob, for them to specify the Chademo cable. There's probably 2% of long range BEV's on the road that use Chademo (and falling).

Are these chargers designed such that the Chademo "hose" can be easily replaced with a CCS in future?

Reactions: positiv
You've got to wonder who is advising the Arena mob, for them to specify the Chademo cable. There's probably 2% of long range BEV's on the road that use Chademo (and falling).
Arena deferred to the FCAI's recommendations: FCAI Technical Statement on Ev Charging Standards for Public Recharging Infrastructure

Are these chargers designed such that the Chademo "hose" can be easily replaced with a CCS in future?
That's certainly possible with the Tritium units - ActewAGL replaced CCS1 connectors with CCS2 on all their RT50s, with just a site visit. I imagine it's likely true of the other charger makes as well.

The DA for Alexandria in #10 shows two marked spots.
Screenshot_20220503-104837.png

Someone in the know got liquored up and spilled to me that after the rebuild of both Ampol (ex-7-Eleven) servos at Pheasants Nest, due by May 8th next year, we’re getting 5 stalls on both the northbound and southbound sides.

And those of us who are even vaguely familiar with Pheasants Nest know how to get to the dinky one lane underpass, which would be handy to skip the queue on a busy holiday weekend :)

Last edited:
Someone in the know got liquored up and spilled to me that after the rebuild of both Ampol (ex-7-Eleven) servos at Pheasants Nest, due by May 8th next year, we’re getting 5 stalls on both the northbound and southbound sides.

Woo hoo - that's more like it 😄

And those of us who are even vaguely familiar with Pheasants Nest know how to get to the dinky one lane underpass, which would be handy to skip the queue on a busy holiday weekend :)

That underpass is not that ‘secret’ is it?

Just looking at those plans! Going by @QBN_PC's comments, it seems they've upped their intentions, since the plans only show 2 EV spaces per side:

1655598742647.png

Nice of them to care about our car doors getting dinged but not really sure of the need for a empty space with bollard in between...

Curiously the plans also show an area for hydrogen refuelling (at the end of the line of pumps - hopefully this is only "reserved for future use" and they don't actually waste their money building it), also 2x of these spaces marked on each side, when zoomed in, looks like it could be Car Next Door? I'm not really sure of the purpose of dedicated parking for such a service at a highway service centre though....

1655598970742.png

Signage plan includes these, looks correct:

1655599382155.png

Missed opportunity to include an "EV charging" symbols/info on these ones!

1655599412214.png
1655599455184.png
1655599467488.png