Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amsterdam to Köln

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I am thinking of making a weekend trip with family from Amsterdam to Köln in the next couple of weeks. The issue is that I don't have the time to try and get hold of any local charging cards etc. (like I did when I travelled to UK).

Hence, the question - is it possible to do the trip by just relying on the Supercharger network? The distance one way comes to around 260 km. However I don't see any superchargers on the way except a possible one at the SC near Dusseldorf.

Find Us | Tesla Motors

(I am not sure what the greyed out SC symbol means for the one in Köln, "coming soon" maybe?)

The other option is to try and charge in NL as near to the border as possible and hope the charge lasts! :)

Anyone has any suggestions? Does the SC in Dusseldorf have charging points (supercharge even) that I can access outside office hours?

Thanks!

Maybe you could try the PlugSurfing app to charge in Germany. It's free and you only need to register with credit card to use it. There are also a few charging stations in Köln that can be activated with the app.

i did it yesterday although not from Amsterdam
It's easy.. Amsterdam -> Urmond SUC
Urmond SUC full charge-> Koln (110KM)

USE YOUR COMMON SENSE and NOT the NAV because that's a disaster when entering Germany...
you can easily drive back from Koln to Urmond on the same charge but.... don't drive fast :)

i did it yesterday although not from Amsterdam
It's easy.. Amsterdam -> Urmond SUC
Urmond SUC full charge-> Koln (110KM)

USE YOUR COMMON SENSE and NOT the NAV because that's a disaster when entering Germany...
you can easily drive back from Koln to Urmond on the same charge but.... don't drive fast :)

??? Amsterdam - Koln 260km when you go over Zevenaar and it is the best route. Over Urmond is takes 310m! Amsterdam -> Zevenaar 115 km, Zevenaar Koln-> 145.. So you can go back and forth from Zevenaar to Koln......

??? Amsterdam - Koln 260km when you go over Zevenaar and it is the best route. Over Urmond is takes 310m! Amsterdam -> Zevenaar 115 km, Zevenaar Koln-> 145.. So you can go back and forth from Zevenaar to Koln......
That is what I have been suggested by the Tesla guys as well when I went for the all-too-frequent visit to the SC couple of days ago!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you could try the PlugSurfing app to charge in Germany. It's free and you only need to register with credit card to use it. There are also a few charging stations in Köln that can be activated with the app.

Thanks, I will try this as well.

Last edited: