Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An after model 3 more compact would be fit in the Tesla strategy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking, if the model will be a competitor for the BMW 3, Audi A4, and Mercedes C market with a tag price of 35K dollars, why not a further competitor for BMW 1, Audi A3 or Mercedes Class A, maybe in the time frame of 2022 - 2024, and a tag price beginning at 25K dollars?
At that time the competitors would be a different design than actual, but personally I dislike the BMW 1 and Audi A3 design, but a I like the Mercedes class A design and I love the Volvo V40 design.

... why not a further competitor for BMW 1, Audi A3 or Mercedes Class A, maybe in the time frame of 2022 - 2024, and a tag price beginning at 25K dollars?

I do believe this will hang on the wall for a long time... They have more what they are going after after the TM3. If will fist be a Gen-III CUV (just like TMX is to TMS) - the "TMY"? Then there is the Roadster NG and an F150 killer. And some vans and wagons on Gen-II + Gen-III (+ Gen-IV?). After all that, they may try, but at that time my bet is that this category already is full of different EV's, so Tesla just claim Victory and don't bother with do this themselves. Remember their goal is to electrify the transport, not to do it all by them selves.

Well, i'm aware that would be a far goal for Tesla but, as I would love to have a Tesla, if the SUV/Cross Over version of the model 3 would revealed to be to expensive to me (> to 40k euros), I would like to be able to buy a compact SUV from Tesla at a range tag of 30k Euros. And I'm sure that a lot of people would prefer to buy a Tesla in the range tag of 25K to 35K instead of any else car (remember that a lot of Tesla fans are not wealthy people, by far). I'm counting that the BMW 1, Class A, Audi A3 segment will be a very attractive one for Tesla, even if we have to wait until ten years from now...

(remember that a lot of Tesla fans are not wealthy people, by far)

I'm not what you may call "wealthy" myself, and I would just love to get a Tesla at €25-35k price range :)

But at that time that Tesla will be able to produce a car in this segment I'm sure you will be able to by BEV version of BMW 1, Class A and the A3 (and a lot of others in this class) with a decent range. So, except the name, what extended value will a Tesla in this segment add?

- Superchargers? Well, there is a lot talk now about not letting the TM3 access it, then how will that be with a even smaller and less costly car? :p And with the usage of cars in this segment (mostly city/low distance travel), will it even be of any value at all?

- Range? Today I believe that even Tesla will have problems to fit a big battery in a car in this class. They may get a bit more range then all the others, but not very much. By the time they can get a big battery in this class, all the others may also be able to do that to. Tesla may be able to make a bit more range then the rest, but with the usage of cars in this segment (mostly city/low distance travel), will it be of any value at all?

- Performance? Well, if Tesla could add value to this class it would be here... A more sporty and responsive car then the rest in this class. But if BMW and Audi really tries, this will be a tough fight :p

But then again, if "all the others" fail to do what I have predicted here - then there will be a big opportunity for Tesla! And I'm sure they will hurry into this class to... :)