Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An American roaming in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we have a trip planned where we will be traveling into Canada going to the Bay of Fundy with some sightseeing along the way. My question; how is the mobile data for our 2017 MS100D handled? My understanding is we have LTE through AT&T in the US. Is there some roaming agreement with a company in Canada? If not, what sort of arrangements do I need to make prior to the trip?

BTW, since last year the Superchargers in NS and NB have been opened. I was last there in September 2018 and had to work a bit to find good charging. Now you'll be blessed with plenty of choices.

BTW, since last year the Superchargers in NS and NB have been opened. I was last there in September 2018 and had to work a bit to find good charging. Now you'll be blessed with plenty of choices.

Yeah. I noticed that a Supercharger opened in Enfield just north of Halifax. Good for us as we are staying about 30 miles north of that on the coast of the Bay of Fundy. I just wish that the one in St. Johns would open before we head up in 10 days.

Last edited:
Yeah. I noticed that a Supercharger opened in Enfield just north of Halifax. Good for us as we are staying about 30 miles north of that on the coast of the Bay of Fundy. I just wish that the one in St. Johns would open before we head up in 10 days.
If you're staying overnight in St. John there is charging in a parking garage just above the Delta Hotel. It is the Peel Plaza Parking Garage:
PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

If you're staying overnight in St. John there is charging in a parking garage just above the Delta Hotel. It is the Peel Plaza Parking Garage:
PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

There's a destination charger in Annapolis Royal, which was our favorite town in all of Nova Scotia. Definitely worth going to, plus there is a brewery a block away.

We're taking the ferry from St. John's to Digby and back as our way to and from Nova Scotia, but we are staying in St. Andrew's (at 2 different places, both of which have destination chargers) in New Brunswick and some small bay-front cottages in Nova Scotia. We had originally thought we would at least visit Annapolis Royal, but we couldn't manage to squeeze it in our schedule. Maybe next time.