TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

An Amusing Cause of Incessant Car Nagging

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by SageBrush, Jun 13, 2018.

1. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

We picked up our car yesterday in Denver and spent that day and the next driving through the Rockies to home. Perhaps needless to say I am pretty elated with the car* (my main gripe was a given: I'm just not a fan of plastic upholstery) so my wife and I were scratching our head trying to figure out why the car start started to chime perhaps 1-4 times a minute. I wasn't too worried because no alerts popped up on the screen but we eventually stopped to figure it out.

This turned out to be the over speed limit chime. I had discounted that possibility during the drive because we were taking the drive down the mountain slower than the posted speed limits but then I realized that the internet were blocked and the car either defaulted to a very slow speed or by chance remembered a very slow speed limit.

I turned off the speed limit chime and quiet reigned once more.

*question in a separate thread

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Active Member

Congrats! you finally got her! What color did you end up with?

3. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

It was probably talking to you in Tesla language to try to get to know you.

Congrats on your car, though! GPS speed limits are often very outdated, in my experience, so it probably used old data for that region. (if it's kept locally, that is)

• Funny x 1
  4. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

@Glamisduner , Silver
    One of the more sedate colors but I decided on the one hand to be practical and pick a color that does not add extra heat in the summer and is easier seen in white in the snow in the winter; and on the other, aesthetic side, I tried to match a color that make the hubcaps more bearable. I will say though, the hubcaps look better in life than photos. Still not charming. This reminds me to go order the kit on Tesla meant to replace the hubcaps.

And I agree with the common opinion that the car looks even better in real life. The view from the front is stunning.
    I waited ~ 20 years for this car. Perhaps a bit odd, but I feel privileged to own it.

@Pkmmte,
    Thanks !

• Like x 7
    • Love x 1
  5. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

I totally know what you mean. I get joy just seeing it in my garage. :)

6. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Active Member

Silver or white are at the top of my list. Silver is more practical for me probably. I finally saw a silver one the other day in real life with the wheel package too. It looked great.

7. Evoforce

Evoforce Member

Oh no! :eek: Now I can hear even more Leaf bashing!:p You troll...o_O:) Glad you have your new 3 and are getting acquainted.:D I want one please...

8. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

Two days to cross CO? It's that slow? :eek:
    Congrats!;)

• Funny x 1