TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

An app for TMC forum

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by ekotysh, Nov 25, 2014.

1. ekotysh

ekotysh RoadStar #502

I've been thinking about creating an app for the TMC forum for Android and iOS. I don't know about you, but I mostly spend my time viewing/writing threads on my phone, and it's incredibly painful.

Looked around, there doesn't seem to be anything out there yet. Correct me if this is wrong.

I was thinking of some basic features to start with, like viewing the list of topics, search, creating/replying to threads, and updating your profile. Would be interesting to hear from the community what other features are frequently used.

I'm a lead mobile architect at Glassdoor in the bay area, so this would be a side hobby project.
    Any help from the the TMC folks would be appreciated as well.

Let me know what you think and whether it would be useful to you.

2. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

I use tapatalk pro. Works well.

3. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Won't be useful for me because I'm on WindowsPhone.

4. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Sounds interesting, although lots of folk here use Tapatalk already there are some drawbacks with that.

Recommend you talk directly to the TMC Admin via the "Contact Us" at the bottom of this screen.

5. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Tapatalk works very well and offers some 95% of the functionality that the TMC website provides. There are legitimate concerns though that it cuts off advertising revenue for TMC; I prefer donating to TMC directly and continuing to use Tapatalk.

6. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Tapatalk has a lot of issues so something better would be awesome. Could even be a small donation to download it or something.

7. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

I contribute as well, partially for exactly this reason. Google just recently launched a "pay to skip the ads" service. If you outbid the advertisers, you can spare yourself the ads.

8. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

Don't reinvent the wheel, I use tapatalk daily for every forum that I frequent that is supporting it. I hate downloading separate apps for each forum or website especially when they are not adding value.

9. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

This. I've even stopped visiting forums who decided to not implement a mobile theme and then block out tapatalk so that you'd use their own paid solution.

10. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Just learned of Tapatalk via this thread. I find it works quite well.

11. ekotysh

ekotysh RoadStar #502

OK thanks guys. Didn't know about Tapatalk. Cool tool! I agree it does most things well. No need for a dedicated app from a user's perspective. Closing the thread

12. Brett

Brett Member

Tapatalk on Windows Phone works great for TMC.