Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An honest review of the yoke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The yoke is a joke... a terrible, awful joke Musk is playing on people willing to part with $100k+. Musk shows an especially acute disdain for his high end customers. Check out this Edmund's review and how dangerous it is to drive curves and switchbacks with a rectangle. Most everything in this review is on-point and totally valid to anyone who isn't a fanboy and koolaid drinker.

This damn $130,000 car doesn't even have a performance suspension... wow. At least the P85+ had a suspension to match its performance. Edmund's is 100% correct in declaring the Plaid good for straight line performance but little else.
Sorry you are so unhappy. I love the car, yoke and all. I don’t drink koolaid and am not a negative seeker.

This company is selling a round wheel. I called and inquired and they have a lot of preorders for it. They’re partnered with signature wheels
Tesla Plaid Circular Steering Wheel Conversion (PRE-ORDER)
thank GOD. Because the majority of what Ive been interpreting is "you know, the yoke isnt THAT bad". (which I get. When you pay $100k plus for it, mentally you WANT it to be better than a traditional wheel, even though deep down, you know its not. lol)

I mean, not the most GLOWING reviews especially when you consider the yoke isnt mated with variable steering as it should have been

F604E58C-20B1-4D63-9859-BB721B8FA2FC.jpeg

Easy fix

thank GOD. Because the majority of what Ive been interpreting is "you know, the yoke isnt THAT bad". (which I get. When you pay $100k plus for it, mentally you WANT it to be better than a traditional wheel, even though deep down, you know its not. lol)

I mean, not the most GLOWING reviews especially when you consider the yoke isnt mated with variable steering as it should have been

Well…now “Yokers” and “wheelers” can both be happy. Maybe FINALLY the yoke whining can stop by everyone. But I doubt it.

Have to see if these prices come down. There are a few companies doing these conversion wheels for Tesla now - to yoke or to standard wheel.

The prices currently are quite high, but more are offering good discounts to be the 1st "Guinea pigs" to try / buy.

I'd try one. But I'll wait.

People “accepting” the yoke have no choice so they have to say it’s the best thing in the world.
Have to see if these prices come down. There are a few companies doing these conversion wheels for Tesla now - to yoke or to standard wheel.

The prices currently are quite high, but more are offering good discounts to be the 1st "Guinea pigs" to try / buy.

I'd try one. But I'll wait.
what other company is doing this?

[QUOTE="TwoK4drSi, post: 6188645, member: 100143"
[/QUOTE]

I didn’t bookmark anything as I’m nowhere near ready to get one. Just lurking.

I’ve seen 2 or 3 companies between forums, YouTube, and news posts.

[QUOTE="TwoK4drSi, post: 6188645, member: 100143"

I didn’t bookmark anything as I’m nowhere near ready to get one. Just lurking.

I’ve seen 2 or 3 companies between forums, YouTube, and news posts.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah I don’t see anything solid but this looks like it’s coming within the next months. They also guarantee money back if they don’t meet the date.

Is there such a thing as a standard diameter?

With the luxury and sports cars I’ve had in my life from Europe and Asia they’ve all seemed to had different wheels. I never felt like the majority even had a common bed r standard size.

How do you install it though? Doubt I could do it. Have used the Yoke for about 3 days now and don’t think it is that bad. I like how you can see the instrument display clearly, which kind of makes it like HUD. Would after just have HUD and a normal steering wheel though. I do like the controls on the Yoke and don’t miss stalks at all. That was easy to adapt too.

I’ve seen a video or two on the round wheel to yoke conversion install. It seems pretty reasonable to do on your own. But then you are working around an air bag; not to mention these companies are staying professional installation required. Imagine the yoke to round would be basically the same install.

Replacing a steering wheel is fairly simple. In short, usually the bolts that hold the air back in or on either side of the steering wheel/steering column. You loosen those pull out the airbag and then unplug the airbag. Then there is usually a large bolt smack in the middle of the steering wheel that holds it on to the steering column.

I’ll be on the lookout for a design similar to this that is made for the refresh. To me it appears to be a perfect combination of traditional steering wheel and yoke. But I’ll need horn activation via airbag

Attachments

• 0C4230C6-E5A2-4244-B806-8D1968358F9E.jpeg
    0C4230C6-E5A2-4244-B806-8D1968358F9E.jpeg
    343.4 KB · Views: 41
Even honest yoke owners Will admit that the yoke as it is right now is inferior to a standard traditional wheel with stalks and horn-via-airbag set up