TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

An ICY Situation

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Doc Savage, Sep 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Doc Savage

Doc Savage Member

We were coming back from Houston on Saturday evening, and stopped in Lake Charles. I don't know what was going on, but my wife asked, "Are they trying to make a statement"? Here is the picture. My only thought is that there was a Buffalo Wild Wings across the parking lot (also filled with BIG pickups) and it was a football Saturday night for McNeese State University. I'm glad that the White Phaeton had a charging spot, though.

Attached Files:

2. johnster007

johnster007 Member

IMG_2765.JPG It's a problem. Gas holes!

3. rxlawdude

rxlawdude Member

That is total a-holeness. If I had a few friends, lifting the back of that trailer and putting it at 90 degrees would send a message back.

Can't fix redneck.

• Like x 1
  4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Here on TMC, we all know exactly what those funny looking white pedestals are for. I would not rule out the possibility that there are millions of ICE owners in America who genuinely do not know what a Tesla Supercharger is and have spent almost no time thinking about EVs. And that those pickup drivers may be part of that group. Unlikely, but possible.

And @rxlawdude, stereotyping someone you have never met as a "redneck" accomplishes absolutely nothing.

5. johnster007

johnster007 Member

C'mon. Throwing shade at @rxlawdude is a little harsh. I agree redneck is probably the wrong term-my friends proudly call themselves rednecks and the term has really taken on a different meaning over the past 10 years. But . . . these spaces are clearly marked with signage so maybe "illiterate" or "oblivious" would be better terms. And if the word "Tesla" doesn't ring a bell in someone's head, it might be fair to call them "ignorant" as well.

6. rxlawdude

rxlawdude Member

Okay, substitute "asshat" for redneck. Happy? :)

7. rxlawdude

rxlawdude Member

By the way, my first experience with a pickup driving "asshat" was at the Oxnard, CA Supercharger. The guy saw the row of Teslas charging and stopped, blocking a MS trying to leave and waving the mid-finger salute.

Must be the cousin of the driver of the truck pictured above. (And I avoided using any reference to inbreeding.)