TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

An ICY Situation

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Doc Savage, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Doc Savage

Doc Savage Member

We were coming back from Houston on Saturday evening, and stopped in Lake Charles. I don't know what was going on, but my wife asked, "Are they trying to make a statement"? Here is the picture. My only thought is that there was a Buffalo Wild Wings across the parking lot (also filled with BIG pickups) and it was a football Saturday night for McNeese State University. I'm glad that the White Phaeton had a charging spot, though.

Attached Files:

2. johnster007

johnster007 Member

IMG_2765.JPG It's a problem. Gas holes!

3. rxlawdude

rxlawdude Member

That is total a-holeness. If I had a few friends, lifting the back of that trailer and putting it at 90 degrees would send a message back.

Can't fix redneck.

• Like x 1
  4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Here on TMC, we all know exactly what those funny looking white pedestals are for. I would not rule out the possibility that there are millions of ICE owners in America who genuinely do not know what a Tesla Supercharger is and have spent almost no time thinking about EVs. And that those pickup drivers may be part of that group. Unlikely, but possible.

And @rxlawdude, stereotyping someone you have never met as a "redneck" accomplishes absolutely nothing.

5. johnster007

johnster007 Member

C'mon. Throwing shade at @rxlawdude is a little harsh. I agree redneck is probably the wrong term-my friends proudly call themselves rednecks and the term has really taken on a different meaning over the past 10 years. But . . . these spaces are clearly marked with signage so maybe "illiterate" or "oblivious" would be better terms. And if the word "Tesla" doesn't ring a bell in someone's head, it might be fair to call them "ignorant" as well.

6. rxlawdude

rxlawdude Member

Okay, substitute "asshat" for redneck. Happy? :)

7. rxlawdude

rxlawdude Member

By the way, my first experience with a pickup driving "asshat" was at the Oxnard, CA Supercharger. The guy saw the row of Teslas charging and stopped, blocking a MS trying to leave and waving the mid-finger salute.

Must be the cousin of the driver of the truck pictured above. (And I avoided using any reference to inbreeding.)