Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An ICY Situation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were coming back from Houston on Saturday evening, and stopped in Lake Charles. I don't know what was going on, but my wife asked, "Are they trying to make a statement"? Here is the picture. My only thought is that there was a Buffalo Wild Wings across the parking lot (also filled with BIG pickups) and it was a football Saturday night for McNeese State University. I'm glad that the White Phaeton had a charging spot, though.

Attachments

• Truck Convention.JPG
    Truck Convention.JPG
    331.1 KB · Views: 73
Here on TMC, we all know exactly what those funny looking white pedestals are for. I would not rule out the possibility that there are millions of ICE owners in America who genuinely do not know what a Tesla Supercharger is and have spent almost no time thinking about EVs. And that those pickup drivers may be part of that group. Unlikely, but possible.

And @rxlawdude, stereotyping someone you have never met as a "redneck" accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Here on TMC, we all know exactly what those funny looking white pedestals are for. I would not rule out the possibility that there are millions of ICE owners in America who genuinely do not know what a Tesla Supercharger is and have spent almost no time thinking about EVs. And that those pickup drivers may be part of that group. Unlikely, but possible.

And @rxlawdude, stereotyping someone you have never met as a "redneck" accomplishes absolutely nothing.
C'mon. Throwing shade at @rxlawdude is a little harsh. I agree redneck is probably the wrong term-my friends proudly call themselves rednecks and the term has really taken on a different meaning over the past 10 years. But . . . these spaces are clearly marked with signage so maybe "illiterate" or "oblivious" would be better terms. And if the word "Tesla" doesn't ring a bell in someone's head, it might be fair to call them "ignorant" as well.

Okay, substitute "asshat" for redneck. Happy? :)

By the way, my first experience with a pickup driving "asshat" was at the Oxnard, CA Supercharger. The guy saw the row of Teslas charging and stopped, blocking a MS trying to leave and waving the mid-finger salute.

Must be the cousin of the driver of the truck pictured above. (And I avoided using any reference to inbreeding.)