Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An Owner Documented His Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I understand the frustration and disappointment of this person, I don't see what is the objective of posting this on YouTube. If you don't want to be an early adopter and you want a perfect car of which several hundreds of thousands have been produced, hold off on confirming your order. Tesla didn't force anyone to confirm their order.

Four years back I picked up a new Lexus RX from Lexus dealer and by the time I got home the front bumper popped off from a side..literally just came off while driving home. Well, for a car that has been produced en mass, should it happen? Obviously not but it does. So go back to the dealer and get it taken care of. The car is in warranty. Why make a fuss and post on YouTube?

While I understand the frustration and disappointment of this person, I don't see what is the objective of posting this on YouTube. If you don't want to be an early adopter and you want a perfect car of which several hundreds of thousands have been produced, hold off on confirming your order. Tesla didn't force anyone to confirm their order.

Four years back I picked up a new Lexus RX from Lexus dealer and by the time I got home the front bumper popped off from a side..literally just came off while driving home. Well, for a car that has been produced en mass, should it happen? Obviously not but it does. So go back to the dealer and get it taken care of. The car is in warranty. Why make a fuss and post on YouTube?
He may be shorting TSLA, trying to make a quick buck.

This is so blatantly bad that I'm starting to wonder if someone is actively sabotaging the production line?! Just enough of a defect to pass initial QC, but fail shortly after. But those rusted parts. With the exterior being mostly aluminium, how did enough moisture get in to rust the steel parts inside?!?!

I highly doubt that is this case but it wouldn't be the first time that happened in the history of the NUMMI plant.

Last edited:
This is so blatantly bad that I'm starting to wonder if someone is actively sabotaging the production line?! Just enough of a defect to pass initial QC, but fail shortly after. But those rusted parts. With the exterior being mostly aluminium, how did enough moisture get in to rust the steel parts inside?!?!

That isn't possible. Mr. Musk and highly paid top execs are personally testing these cars. He said so in last ER. Are you saying they did a lousy job? Or did he not tell the truth?

Reactions: Eclectic
How about the purpose of alerting other buyers and protecting them from a lemon? I guess, you want every Tesla buyer to be put on mute when the news is not good.
So are you saying no other manufacturers make lemons? You don't go around posting one offs like this. It's insane.

And when was this vehicle delivered? Early Jan maybe Feb and the video was posted today? Has Tesla not taken care of each one of the issues?

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Undeliverable car? 100%. How many issues are actual major issues? Maybe 50% or higher. There was a level of exaggeration to the video that was unmistakeable as well, though. I get it, you've got a car with issues, you start to look for extra stuff. The falcon wing door hinge issue was ugly. The surface rust was unacceptable (if benign). The panel gaps.. eh. They're comparable to my Model S. Obviously the passenger door motor was messed up - did he need to show that multiple times?

Again, I think this was an awful delivery, definitely return-worthy. But the video really tried to make the story more interesting.

• Funny
Reactions: Drivin and xkwizit
No, I haven't said that. You are free to make your own lemon video of other cars and post on youtube or wherever.
Are you long TSLA? You seem to have an agenda here.
Well..no I don't go around posting videos just as I didn't of my RX ..and no I am not a shareholder or trading in TSLA. The only agenda I have is to keep this forum informative and positive and not have all this unnecessary noise scare people away from a very beautiful and functional engineering marvel.

And I wasn't even ready to be an early adopter. I reserved mine in late Aug 2015 expected to get my turn to confirm in late Summer 2016. I was expecting that first few thousand cars will have issues as the production line matures. However, I got an opportunity to order in early Jan 2016 and based on the experience of MS, we took the plunge to become an early adopter and support Tesla's mission.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: Eclectic and Drivin
Here's a video on YouTube of an owner who did a great job documenting his issues with this X

He did opt for the upgraded fart noise when you roll the windows up. I must have missed that option when I ordered mine.

My initial reaction to this video is he shouldn't have accepted delivery in the first place with all that dirt on the sides of the seats. That makes me very suspicious. Who could miss that?

He only has one video ever posted to Youtube, and this was his response to a question about his video:

"Logan Boyd3 hours ago
What Firmware version do you have? What's your VIN range? What's the build Month/Year on your X? Have you visited an SC to fix any issues since you took delivery? Did you spend a lot of time during delivery testing out the functions of the car? Did anything have issues at that time?

Bob Navi17 minutes ago
+Logan Boyd My VIN was in the mid 500. I received on Dec 27th and with in 3 days in was in service. I have return the car since then.

Kehl Chen12 minutes ago
+Bob Navi Tesla already bought back your car, why did you post this video four months later? For money?"

• Disagree
Well..no I don't just as I didn't of my RX ..and no I am not a shareholder or trading in TSLA. The only agenda I have is to keep this forum informative and positive and not have all this unnecessary noise scare people away from a very beautiful and functional engineering marvel.
I'm assuming you're talking to someone, but using the forum software properly makes it hard to tell sometimes.
Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 9.45.41 PM.png

• Funny
Reactions: GoTslaGo
That is bad. I still dont believe uploading a video of it to youtube is the correct thing to do to such a young company.

The young company has hundreds of millions of dollars and you want to favor them over an individual who has way less money after that person gave them their hard earned money and got this?

That is really sad.

Whatever happened to the 99% not being screwed over by the 1%?

• Disagree