Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An Owner Documented His Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like he deleted the video. It would have been much more understandable if he had posted in Dec/Jan when he got the vehicle. But posting it 4 months after he returned it made me question his motivation.

It's also possible that his agreement with Tesla for buying back the car precluded discussion of the issues as part of the buy back agreement. Perhaps someone from Tesla reminded him of this :).

Say no to vertical video! Also that sucks for him. Sounds like they were able to send it back though. That's rather embarrassing for Tesla if it left the line or SC that way.

You really think someone would be so naive or ignorant to accept delivery with all of those stains on the upholstery "since day one"? I sure don't. This video lacks credibility.

Also, the person who posted it, calling themselves "Keef Wivaneff", can't spell. The last title slide reads:

"EVENTHOUGH I LOVED THE CAR WE
ENDED UP RETURNGING IT BECAUSE
MY FAMILY AND I WERE VERY
DISAPOINTED WITH ALL THE ISSUES
"

Also, "BECUASE" on the first slide. It almost reads as if a PR firm put it together and misspelt on purpose to make it look "amateurish", along with the lousy resolution cell phone video camera.

To me it looks like an intentional hit piece designed to negatively impact Tesla's sales. I just posted in the comments section of this bogus video:

"Your video is a joke and a sham. Only an ignorant fool would accept delivery of a Model X with those kind of upholstery stains "since day one". I challenge you to re-post under your real name -- but I know you won't. How many shares of Tesla are you shorting? Do you work for an oil company or in Detroit or Germany? You also need to learn how to spell. "Returnging" it? ha ha ha (disclaimer: my Model X has zero issues and I love driving it so much that I find excuses to do so.)"

This video poster is busted!! "Keef Wivaneff blows the whistle on GREEN SCAMS".

Look at some of his other videos:

upload_2016-4-23_22-45-20.png

You really think someone would be so naive or ignorant to accept delivery with all of those stains on the upholstery "since day one"? I sure don't. This video lacks credibility.

Also, the person who posted it, calling themselves "Keef Wivaneff", can't spell. The last title slide reads:

"

Also, "BECUASE" on the first slide. It almost reads as if a PR firm put it together and misspelt on purpose to make it look "amateurish", along with the lousy resolution cell phone video camera.

To me it looks like an intentional hit piece designed to negatively impact Tesla's sales. I just posted in the comments section of this bogus video:

"Your video is a joke and a sham. Only an ignorant fool would accept delivery of a Model X with those kind of upholstery stains "since day one". I challenge you to re-post under your real name -- but I know you won't. How many shares of Tesla are you shorting? Do you work for an oil company or in Detroit or Germany? You also need to learn how to spell. "Returnging" it? ha ha ha (disclaimer: my Model X has zero issues and I love driving it so much that I find excuses to do so.)"
I accept all your points but how the heck does a car in such bad shape leave the SC. unless he sabotaged the car and "created" those issues? I am just curious..

It was a different user last time it was posted. I didn't think to check his other posts at the time - good call, @engle. Could be that the other poster was legit, and this one copied the video for reposting to "blow the whistle" on this green scam! Or they could be one and the same.

Agree he may have downloaded the video and re-posted it.

Keef Wivaneff is probably his real name, and he really has it in for Tesla, which he calls "Terdsla". Googled him and found these links:

Keef Wivaneff | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (a collection of Tesla's that have been in car accidents)
Keef Wivaneff · Profile · Disqus (writes "Heil Elon!!!!" and endless B.S. including about SCTY)
Keef Wivaneff - Google+ (more "Terdsla" ranting)
Keef Wivaneff's public profile | Identity | The Guardian (10 Jun 2014 post claiming he rented a Model S and got stranded when he ran out of electricity just short of a SC)
Keef Wivaneff's public profile | Identity | The Guardian (in this post he claims the Falcon 9 rocket 1st stage landing on the barge was faked)

My time is too valuable to find more of this guy's garbage.

OK... One more:

"In response to WeaponZero

I don't believe it is true CGI. It is more akin to frame by frame photoshop.
Simple off the shelf software:
Video editing basics in Adobe Photoshop | Adobe Photoshop CC tutorials

Take background shot of stormy seas.
Add barge - can be real footage.
Add wocket and move (jerkily) frame by frame.
VOILA - webounding wocket :)"

Agree he may have downloaded the video and re-posted it.

Keef Wivaneff is probably his real name, and he really has it in for Tesla, which he calls "Terdsla". Googled him and found these links:

Keef Wivaneff | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (a collection of Tesla's that have been in car accidents)
Keef Wivaneff · Profile · Disqus (writes "Heil Elon!!!!" and endless B.S. including about SCTY)
Keef Wivaneff - Google+ (more "Terdsla" ranting)
Keef Wivaneff's public profile | Identity | The Guardian (10 Jun 2014 post claiming he rented a Model S and got stranded when he ran out of electricity just short of a SC)
Keef Wivaneff's public profile | Identity | The Guardian (in this post he claims the Falcon 9 rocket 1st stage landing on the barge was faked)

My time is too valuable to find more of this guy's garbage.

OK... One more:

"In response to WeaponZero

I don't believe it is true CGI. It is more akin to frame by frame photoshop.
Simple off the shelf software:
Video editing basics in Adobe Photoshop | Adobe Photoshop CC tutorials

Take background shot of stormy seas.
Add barge - can be real footage.
Add wocket and move (jerkily) frame by frame.
VOILA - webounding wocket :)"

Are you a private investigator?

Most likely the video was originally posted using an alias or fake account "bob", that's why once it was reported it was taken down, which forced him to post under his true identity. I was never convinced this was real, too many unanswered questions. The more I watch it the less sense it makes to me how this car was delivered like that. Nevertheless, the truth will be clear about Tesla when we start seeing people take delivery of better cars as the kinks are worked out. I also believe that once something makes it to the internet it's there to stay, this holds true for the origin of the video too ;)

Some people have preserved the video in fear of it being removed. It was originally posted by Bob Navi, IIRC. Keef Wivanef has merely re-uploaded that.Whatever the motive, the video stands on its own. Motive is not important to analyze the video.
It seems, the original owner recorded these for the service center.

"

I've seen plenty of folks here (confirmed owners) who mispell things as well. Not to mention a lot of ASL.

Some people have preserved the video in fear of it being removed. It was originally posted by Bob Navi, IIRC. Keef Wivanef has merely re-uploaded that. Whatever the motive, the video stands on its own. Motive is not important to analyze the video.
It seems, the original owner recorded these for the service center.

Do you have first-hand knowledge of this? If not, could you please share your basis for asserting that this video is legitimate, as opposed to FUD?

Or could it be the case that you like the video because it supports the argument you made in your December 31, 2015 SeekingAlpha article under the name ValueSeeker -- one of 10 anti-Tesla articles you have authored on SA -- in which you urge readers to join you in shorting Tesla stock based on the rationale that the Model X would be a flop? (See excerpt below)

"So, it was natural for many of the would-be Model X owners to switch their orders to Model S instead. While this will help the Q4 delivery number, it will hurt the Model X sales numbers in the future. Many also simply chose to cancel their reservations to buy some other SUV that actually provides the utility they need. Based on the number and sentiment of posters on TMC forums, it won't be surprising to find out that over 50% of Model X reservations are already cancelled. That will leave only around 15,000 Model X reservations intact. Would it make sense for Tesla to set up a fully automated production line for a run of just 15,000 cars? We will see. My hunch is that Tesla may continue to produce these cars in a trickle to cover up the fact that Model X demand has all but evaporated."

I could not speak to the motives of the poster and not sure we would give the entire benefit of the doubt to Tesla. The issues described in the video are not unique or unheard of. We have had members here report the same issues. Agreed that all of these are not equally severe but these are issues nonetheless.

Reactions: Dr ValueSeeker
Yes! Getting popcorn and a big gulp. This thread gets better and better as the crazy fanboys poop themselves scurrying to the rescue.

The video isn't a fake, you can question motives all you like but that stuff happened. Forget the dirt on the seats if you want, all the other stuff, happened. All of it.

I'll just keep my deposit on an X for a long while longer before placing order. I do not mind. I've waited this long, I'll wait another year until it's sorted.

Oh, and I am long TSLA.