Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An unexpected condition has occurred in a communication cable.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched the forum and google and haven’t been able to find this error yet. Any idea?

I submitted this screenshot but haven’t heard anything back yet.
0F7FA4C8-7C88-48A2-A717-A6758660FF86.jpeg

What are you asking?
The message suggests making a service appointment using the app. Have you done that?
I made an appt

I was wondering if anyone else had seen this error. Was also wondering how extensive the fix is.
Also, when I scheduled the appt it asked me to pick a time at the service center and an address for mobile so I was wondering if it was a mobile fix or if I was going to have to drive in.

Has anyone interacted with a Service Center on this message? My appointment is this week and when I asked about it they said they "had to look into it". I'll advise what happens.
I just went to the service center today.

They took it back for about 10 minutes and said there was no way it was getting fixed today and sent me home with a p85d. I kind of wonder if the part didn't come in. Frustrating.

Unfortunately the service center is about 45 minutes from my house so there's going to be a lot of driving to get whatever this is fixed.

Final update - They had it for 6 hours, first time at Tesla Service Center and it was a breeze. (except the Jetta loaner car). She said my VIN had been tagged, something about the cable "faulting", which is what created the service message in the car. My screen did flicker a couple times but it should be all fixed now.