Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An Unusual Request - Can you help?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there! My friend is getting married in September and she's a huge fan of Tesla. We were discussing wedding ideas the other day, and her eyes lit up as she exclaimed, "I would LOVE if Tesla could be my getaway car!"

Are there any owners out there that would like to make this bride's wish come true? The wedding will take place in Southern California (the venue is truly a once-in-a-lifetime location).

PM me for more details!

Thank you for the helpful replies thus far!

I looked into the Hertz rentals, and unfortunately, they do not offer Roadster rentals at a nearby location. I'll look into the Getaround link as well.

VFX, it will depend on what the owner is comfortable with, and which car is driven (Sedan or Coupe). From personal experience, I know that the hubby is a very safe driver.

Hertz DOES offer the Roadster rental in LA. You did say 'Southern California'. You could certainly pick up the car in LA and take it to the location.

It's unlikely that a Roadster owner is going to let a stranger take their 100k+ vehicle, even though you vouch for how safe they are. Would you hand over the keys to your car under a similar circumstance?

... if you really want to surprise your friend, I think a rental will be the way to go. Good luck. It's nice you want to please your friend this way.

I do not think anyone will give up the keys to their brand new Model S a few days after they get it in September (after probably waiting for over a year)....Just rent a roadster from Hertz....

Thank you for your contributions! My friend mentioned the Model S as her preference. I understand what you mean about passing on keys to a stranger, but I'm wondering if a ride (not driving) is feasible for an owner.

I apologize, Bonnie, I mean I searched via the Hertz website with the terms "Orange County" and "Los Angeles" and found no results for Tesla. The wedding takes place in Orange County, so I'll have to figure out the logistics and plausibility of renting, if that's the case.

Thank you for your contributions! My friend mentioned the Model S as her preference. I understand what you mean about passing on keys to a stranger, but I'm wondering if a ride (not driving) is feasible for an owner.

I apologize, Bonnie, I mean I searched via the Hertz website with the terms "Orange County" and "Los Angeles" and found no results for Tesla. The wedding takes place in Orange County, so I'll have to figure out the logistics and plausibility of renting, if that's the case.

I think Hertz has a different section for this type of vehicle. Vfx, do you know?

A ride should probably work and me more fun for the couple anyways. I can attest to the size and comfort of the back seat of the Model S (I laid down in the back of it to see how it would be to sleep, stretch, makeout, etc) If I had a new Model S then, I would be glad to be the chauffeur, but sadly, I won't.

Haha.. folks poo-pooing the idea are being grinches. I'd offer a ride if I had the vehicle by then (which I wont) and if the location was convenient. It isn't much different than taking the car to a small car show (i.e. you are putting it on display for the wedding guests and passers-by) and you get an opportunity to make a girl happy on her wedding day. Of course you'd have to feed me. I'm a sucker for free food :tongue:

In terms of September though, as has been pointed out, there will be only a few cars in the area by then. Your best bet would be to convince GeorgeB to do it as a media stunt to try to drum up good press in the local media. News orgs love wedding stories and "wish comes true" stories and this combines both of those. The current expectation is that there will be a major round of reviews at the beginning of September which would increase the chance of a story like this getting play at that time. All speculative and iffy, but thats what I'd try to do if I was you.

At one time I did find the Hetrz Roadster rental page. It was under (I believe) entertainment(or Event) services like I said, it was studios who rented so their biz to biz dept had it listed. I know I posted here at TMC. Probably in the "Rent a Roadster thread.