Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anchorage, Alaska potential Model 3 buyer wants to sit in one first, any owners there?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasn't planning on getting autopilot, though. (Unless I'm confused!) Because of all the points being made here, I'm thinking I definitely need to try the S as well, and maybe even wait for the Y before making a decision.
Also three of us up here had an S and sold it to get the 3. All of us are much happier with the 3 then the S. It is a better car across the board. Possibly when the re design the S it will be worth it. But now it’s roughly double the price for half the car which is why S sales nationally have plummeted.

And yes from what has been released Y should have similar seats but be slightly taller and larger. I know 4 people up here that have Y’s reserved.

Reactions: sandygott
Also three of us up here had an S and sold it to get the 3. All of us are much happier with the 3 then the S. It is a better car across the board. Possibly when the re design the S it will be worth it. But now it’s roughly double the price for half the car which is why S sales nationally have plummeted.

And yes from what has been released Y should have similar seats but be slightly taller and larger. I know 4 people up here that have Y’s reserved.
Actually the S is quieter and smoother riding and faster. It just doesn't charge as fast.

• Informative
Reactions: sandygott
Actually the S is quieter and smoother riding and faster. It just doesn't charge as fast.
Yes some models of the S are faster but do you really need faster than a model 3? I can already smoke almost any car I pull up next to with the LR AWD. For us what it came down to is the S is huge (as big as my LX570) and without much more usable space than the 3, trunk is large but seating is about the same. Also you can’t put 18” wheels on it for winter tires, and electronics are already dated. I would say the ride is only slightly smoother but Then with that you also have to deal with the questionable long term reliability of an air suspension (which is even worse in a cold climate). Really now that Tesla is expanding its line I expect the S to go the way of other large luxury sedans like the MB S class, LS, and A8, that is something you rarely see because they are vastly more expensive than the remainder of the line and largely impractical.