Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

And a blue one .. VIN 6497

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Delivery Tue, Jun 15, 2021 ... rented a car to get from Albany NY to service center in Mt. Kisco. Therefore couldn't really refuse - as I had no way home. Issues should be fixable ... delivery folks said that "some of this is probably in spec" and others would be fixed. Probably?
  • some images: here .
  • After reading forums - seems like I have a low VIN - wondering if this is a car that someone else rejected.
  • 1st available service appointment Thu, Jun 25, 2020
  • Front hood misaligned
    • most obvious at right front corner - where the hood is ~ 3/16" higher than the body panel
  • Missing bolts - front behind wheel wells
  • roof glass misaligned - both sections
    • causing loud highway noise
    • most obvious - roof glass 1/8" lower than windshield
    • roof glass higher than rear glass on left side, lower than rear glass on right side of liftgate ..
  • Rear liftgate door misaligned
    • most obvious when comparing left bottom corner (1/4" clearance from bumper) vs right bottom corner (1/8" clearance)
  • rear light housings misaligned
    • right side - 1/4" gap with door ..
    • left side - 1/8"
  • dent/imperfection passenger side between door and trunk door
    • Seems like a repair was attempted but wasn't done properly.
  • rear seats uneven -
    • left side 1/2" higher than right side
  • weld/glue? remnants in hatch frame
  • rear doors uneven .. not flush with front doors

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff Wa
Plan on picking mine up in my Kisco next Tuesday. Albany service center helpful?
Yes. Good folks in Albany. Mt. Kisco ... rushed .. very busy. Albany SC guy agreed that there was "end of quarter lapses in QC" ... I asked if they could give the car a good once over and he said "no." ... so ... basically - we are QC. Bring a checklist. I made the mistake (in retrospect) of not making Mt. Kisco folks document my concerns. Apparently if they are documented on delivery - it's easier for the SC to understand how to plan for the service appointment.

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff Wa
Yes. Good folks in Albany. Mt. Kisco ... rushed .. very busy. Albany SC guy agreed that there was "end of quarter lapses in QC" ... I asked if they could give the car a good once over and he said "no." ... so ... basically - we are QC. Bring a checklist. I made the mistake (in retrospect) of not making Mt. Kisco folks document my concerns. Apparently if they are documented on delivery - it's easier for the SC to understand how to plan for the service appointment.
I've had similar thought about my Kisco being rushed. I’m having problem with them connecting with my credit union and getting documents to them. Tonight I just found out that the cancelled my trade in and need new odometer photos. I accepted their offer for $8800 which is a little low in my opinion but KBB and Edmunds and CarMax say its about right. Financing is predicated on the offer I agreed too in March before the world shut down. Now I am concerned they are going to cut the bottom out from under me.as far as my trade in offer. Very frustrated with their lack of effective communication.