Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

....and from The Granite State (NH)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Been lurking here a bit to get a 'feel' for things...

I don't remember when I first heard of Tesla but I've been following the saga for some time. Although I can't afford a Model S (two divorces will do that) I have high hopes for a Gen III. Having just turned 50, it's been a LONG time since I really got excited about a car. I mean, I'm driving a Camry that's over 10 year old and loving the reliability and the fact that I no longer have a car payment. It's a long way from my having bought a turbocharged sports car (1985)... Have had mostly family cars since then (including a couple of minivans).

But the more I look at Teslas, the more sense it makes. if they can make a good car for $30K in today's dollars with an expanded SC network... Even with the car costing more than an ICE (assuming battery tech doesn't advance at all) I've been keeping track of ALL the automotive related expenses I've had in the past year and knowing that oil changes, timing belts, water pumps and so many other things do NOT have to be paid for...

My wife still needs something like a minivan or Transit (she is a painter and has ladders on a roof rack) but it would be nice to get at least one more ICE out of our mix. I went electric on power tools, snowblowers (corder) and my lawnmower (battery). They just plain last longer and there's so much less to break compared to pistons and crankshafts...