TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

And my first repair will be.... A/C

Discussion in 'Model X' started by RRM998, Jan 30, 2017.

1. RRM998

RRM998 Member

Yesterday my A/C started making a new noise. Today it didn't work at all. None of the usual sounds from the front of the car.

They've pulled the logs and the service guys are going to check and get back to me. I'll be curious to see how long it takes to get a service appointment here in Houston, TX.

2. docherf

docherf Member

Sounds like you're lucky it didn't happen in the summer in Houston!

3. RRM998

RRM998 Member

Yes, this is the perfect time of year for the A/C to fail.

• Like x 2
  4. lunitiks

lunitiks Memba

Plz post the service/invoice notes on what the service guys do to fix this

5. RRM998

RRM998 Member

The issue was a refrigerant leak at the connector to the battery chiller. One of the o-rings was cut.

The parts used were 4 o-rings. Oddly the invoice didn't mention refrigerant even though they obviously had to refill the system. It was empty when they first checked.

The invoice also indicates that they checked that my charger cable was working correctly. That's amazing considering my charger cable was still at my house.

6. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

My AC seems to be leaking some lubricant, its at service now but the AC was still working. Was your car leaking anything?

7. RRM998

RRM998 Member

Not that I noticed.

There is lubricant in the system along with the refrigerant so the presence of lub usually indicates a leak. At least that was always the case with my other cars.

• Like x 1
  8. GoTzillaR

GoTzillaR Member

How do you like the service center? Did they provide you a tesla loaner? Did you use the one on 45 or the one at westchase? Thanks.

9. RRM998

RRM998 Member

I was at the SC on north 45. It's closer to my home and nicely close to Pappasito's Cantina. I didn't think the A/C would take too long but I was given a loaner. The customer service was excellent.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Active Member

At least your A/C didn't sound like a freight train for the first 5 months of ownership :)

• Like x 1
  11. PhantomX

PhantomX Member

Had the same problem with our MX60D. Delivered at end of Sept and had this happened around early November. Took them just shy of a week to diagnose and fix the car. And 2 weeks later, another refrigerant leak, but this time it was weld a failure (didn't know there are welds in refrigerant lines) located at a different place in the A/C system. The 2nd problem was fixed in 1 day, which was pretty amazing given how busy Costa Mesa service center is.