Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

And my first repair will be.... A/C

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday my A/C started making a new noise. Today it didn't work at all. None of the usual sounds from the front of the car.

They've pulled the logs and the service guys are going to check and get back to me. I'll be curious to see how long it takes to get a service appointment here in Houston, TX.

The issue was a refrigerant leak at the connector to the battery chiller. One of the o-rings was cut.

The parts used were 4 o-rings. Oddly the invoice didn't mention refrigerant even though they obviously had to refill the system. It was empty when they first checked.

The invoice also indicates that they checked that my charger cable was working correctly. That's amazing considering my charger cable was still at my house.

The issue was a refrigerant leak at the connector to the battery chiller. One of the o-rings was cut.

The parts used were 4 o-rings. Oddly the invoice didn't mention refrigerant even though they obviously had to refill the system. It was empty when they first checked.

The invoice also indicates that they checked that my charger cable was working correctly. That's amazing considering my charger cable was still at my house.

My AC seems to be leaking some lubricant, its at service now but the AC was still working. Was your car leaking anything?

Had the same problem with our MX60D. Delivered at end of Sept and had this happened around early November. Took them just shy of a week to diagnose and fix the car. And 2 weeks later, another refrigerant leak, but this time it was weld a failure (didn't know there are welds in refrigerant lines) located at a different place in the A/C system. The 2nd problem was fixed in 1 day, which was pretty amazing given how busy Costa Mesa service center is.