Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

And she is blootiful!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok just making sure I understand. Do you mean this approach - will interfere with the front license plate?
Mounted MA EZ-Pass behind front grill: here's how

No, this looks like an awesome idea BUT since I had to install a front license plate I am going to use this ezpass that mounts on it :)

https://www.thetollroads.com/home/images/get_mount_plate.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Ok just making sure I understand. Do you mean this approach - will interfere with the front license plate?
Mounted MA EZ-Pass behind front grill: here's how

I with we didn't have to ruin the front of those beautiful cars with license plates in NY but it is what it is.

NEMA 14-50 50 amp installed in garage. Blootiful is sucking in 29-30 miles an hour now :)
I'm pretty sure I'll never need 100 amp. Practically speaking I'll never be in a position when I wouldn't be able to just get in the car and drive.

NEMA 14-50 50 amp installed in garage. Blootiful is sucking in 29-30 miles an hour now :)
I'm pretty sure I'll never need 100 amp. Practically speaking I'll never be in a position when I wouldn't be able to just get in the car and drive.
Must be nice. I've been trying for months to get a couple 14-50 outlets installed but most electricians never call back with a quote! Argh.

Glad you got it installed! I am ordering that EXACT configuration and would kill to see more photos with interior. I have been going back and forth and worried it would look TOO dark inside. Thanks in advance!

Azax, it's hard to capture it in pictures. It's a love it or hate it proposition I feel. I like the full dark theme because it feels more uniform to me, also when you look at the car from the outside, the white headliner ruins the look IMO. From the inside, the full black theme, hmm I don't mind it one bit. In fact it's nice because at night it's not too bright inside even with ambient lighting on. But definitely something you need to see in person. One thing I'll say though, I would not have gotten black headliner with solid roof. The pano roof with black headliner looked nice to me. Also I intend to setup a dashcam, and the cable is going to be not noticeable with dark headliner. Still I'd highly recommend seeing it in person.

- - - Updated - - -

Must be nice. I've been trying for months to get a couple 14-50 outlets installed but most electricians never call back with a quote! Argh.

I reached out to 14 electricians. 2 never got back to me with quotes after having seen the place. Few simply refused the work. Many had whacky prices or didn't give me the confidence that they'd do a decent job. Out of 14, I had two affordable choices, 3 more expensive but still decent choices. So still plenty of choices. Have you looked at the tesla's electrician list?

I reached out to 14 electricians. 2 never got back to me with quotes after having seen the place. Few simply refused the work. Many had whacky prices or didn't give me the confidence that they'd do a decent job. Out of 14, I had two affordable choices, 3 more expensive but still decent choices. So still plenty of choices. Have you looked at the tesla's electrician list?

14! I'm only up to 4 so far. The first was insanely expensive, one was affordable but wrong wiring (so I will ask for a new bid with wiring up to specs) and the two Tesla recommended electricians never sent me a quote after promising to send one within 3 days. We called each of them and left multiple voicemails but neither bothered to ever call us back. We waited over three weeks on the first one before giving up and it's almost been two weeks on the second one. I would've probably gone with either as they were both polite and knowledgeable...if only they'd given me an estimate. :(

Azax, it's hard to capture it in pictures. It's a love it or hate it proposition I feel. I like the full dark theme because it feels more uniform to me, also when you look at the car from the outside, the white headliner ruins the look IMO. From the inside, the full black theme, hmm I don't mind it one bit. In fact it's nice because at night it's not too bright inside even with ambient lighting on. But definitely something you need to see in person. One thing I'll say though, I would not have gotten black headliner with solid roof. The pano roof with black headliner looked nice to me. Also I intend to setup a dashcam, and the cable is going to be not noticeable with dark headliner. Still I'd highly recommend seeing it in person.

- - - Updated - - -

If you could share your choices I'd be most appreciative. I'm pretty close by in MD. We are also going to have to meet up and decide how we are going to change our cars as they are close to identical. Of course, once I get mine in late August.

I just ordered an 85d black on black - I saw one at the SC and it was beautiful so I pulled the trigger instead of the tan interior. It must be "Blootiful" in the blue - that was my other choice by wife won out. Can't wait for August.

I just ordered an 85d black on black - I saw one at the SC and it was beautiful so I pulled the trigger instead of the tan interior. It must be "Blootiful" in the blue - that was my other choice by wife won out. Can't wait for August.

If you ever see blootiful at the SC, do come by and say hi :) .. mine is blue with 100% black interior.
I actually ordered black with gray interior first. But black is hard to keep clean, so I chickened out and changed to blue with black.
And boy am I glad I did it. Here is a picture of blootiful tonight :). I don't think Tesla looks bad in ANY color. Its a really hard decision.

Pasted_Image_7_8_15__11_40_PM.png

- - - Updated - - -

If you could share your choices I'd be most appreciative. I'm pretty close by in MD. We are also going to have to meet up and decide how we are going to change our cars as they are close to identical. Of course, once I get mine in late August.

Here are the choices, you can google and find their phone numbers to call.
- Mr. Electric
- Becker Electric
- Got Electric
- HavePower
- Fab Electric
- Long Electric
- Ryan Electric
- Tristate electric

Of these, I'd say, avoid Tri State electric, they wasted my time, never gave me a solution. Sorta sucks when you setup an appointment, a guy shows up for 5 mins, looks around, says he will follow up, and they never do (I called again, got voicemail). I guess they have enough business to not value mine.
Ryan Electric was the cheapest, but the guy blew me off on the appointment day, and next day showed up 30 mins early .. . Plus they took 3 days to respond to my questions. I'm a bit picky about people being punctual and discipline. The way I see it, you are never messy in one area, and awesome in another - if you are a schlupp, your job will suck too. Either way, didn't want to bother.
I went with Mr. Electric, I just liked their overall attitude, competence, and well price too. The guy who did my install, his intiials are "ZL" - awesome guy, worked hard, did the job quite well I think. Tell him, he did the install for the "blue tesla" and I was most appreciative of his attention to the work.
Fab Electric was my second choice. Mr. Electric wanted my business more, so they got it. But overall I liked Fab Electric too.
HavePower, and Got Electric - they were quite professional I thought. Its just their prices had a Tesla premium. HavePower was the most expensive of all choices.
I even emailed them asking "Hey are you sure, is there a typo"? LOL. They responded, saying yeah they are sure. I was like .. hmm .. well thanks but I'll pass. If HavePower or Got Electric's prices were a bit more reasonable, I'd consider them.

Also, your exact prices are extremely dependent on your home/electric situation to your home and what you are getting done. There is just no point comparing prices, it could be $600, or it could be $5000. Really depends on what you need.
These guys will give you a free estimate, alongwith (if they are any good), explain what exactly they will do.
They should tell you,
- Exactly what work will be done,
- What holes they will need to cut in your walls
- How will the route the cable.
.. etc.

Good luck!

Last edited:
currently on the sippercharger of 110v, but the Nema 14-50 being installed next week.

Sippercharger, hahaha +1 :D

The 14-50 will be plenty. I got a Roadster in 2008 and jumped through all sorts of crazy hoops to get a 70a HPC installed, and I can count on one hand (if that) the number of times in the past seven years I would have been inconvenienced having 32-40 amps instead.

Beautiful Blootiful car!! She's a stunner!

Sippercharger, hahaha +1 :D

The 14-50 will be plenty. I got a Roadster in 2008 and jumped through all sorts of crazy hoops to get a 70a HPC installed, and I can count on one hand (if that) the number of times in the past seven years I would have been inconvenienced having 32-40 amps instead.

Beautiful Blootiful car!! She's a stunner!

Hehe :), glad you like my sense of humor.
BTW, I'm also keeping blootiful, long term blootiful, with loads of work.
Here is my list - XPel, Opticoat etc. alternative for cheapos .. and pictures XPel, Opticoat etc. alternative for cheapos - Page 7