Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

And the day was going so well...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad you're ok. Thank you for posting the pics of the rear of the car both inside and outside. I must say that I'm extremely impressed at how it handled at being rear ended by a semi! I have jump seats and my kiss sit in them and I know there is extra support back there and I don't worry because I know Elons built us a tank but I've still sort of wondered now I know! So tha you for taking the extra time to photo the inside for us! Much appreciated.

I love my tesla and will never in a million years drive anything else and it's nice knowing how safe it is. If I wreck it. My motto is it's insured and it can be replaced. And would almost be faster for the factory to build a new one then wait for repairs. :)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by AbeFromin viewpost-right.png

That should buff out...

Sorry, but NOT funny. Give the guy a little space!

I thought it was funny.

It wouldn't have been appropriate if he was injured but he's not. It's only property damage.

- - - Updated - - -

At least the truck will be properly insured. I've been hit twice in the past year and both times the guy who hit me has had only $25k coverage. The second time, the guy totaled my Model S and a day old Lexus.

That shouldn't be allowed. There should be a statutory minimum of $200k.

At least the truck will be properly insured. I've been hit twice in the past year and both times the guy who hit me has had only $25k coverage. The second time, the guy totaled my Model S and a day old Lexus.
We're you able to get anything above his insurance limit? It seems to me he's still liable for the damage. Or is that some your insurance company deals with?

So sorry for your loss, so happy you are o.k., and so grateful for proving once again how safe this car is (too bad it had to be done this way). Judging from your pictures, an ICE would have had a ruptured gas tank - and you know what that can lead to. Pinto anyone?

So sorry for your loss, so happy you are o.k., and so grateful for proving once again how safe this car is (too bad it had to be done this way). Judging from your pictures, an ICE would have had a ruptured gas tank - and you know what that can lead to. Pinto anyone?

If children in the 3rd row would have been safe then a gas tank wouldn't have been touched.

Wow.
Tesla Model S is built like a Timex (or a tank): takes a lickin' and keeps on ticking (or driving).
Unbelievable that you were able to drive home after sustaining that much damage.

Really glad that you are okay.
Hope things work out with the insurance and repairs or replacement

I am surprised (and pleased) that the rear window on the Model S appears to made of laminated glass instead of tempered glass that is used in most rear windows. At least little shards of glass won't be raining down on anyone in the rear.

I am so glad you are ok.

Do you know yet if Tesla wants your car so they can have their engineers look at it?

Can you share where this was at? Do you have a rough idea the speed difference between you and the semi? Did you get a picture of the front of the semi?

We have the third row seats and people tell me quite often that I am nuts for letting our kids sit back there, "what happens if you get rear ended by a big truck?"