Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

... and the glitch of the day is ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- Won't unlock Charge Port from app (random)
- Can't connect to USB stick (random)
Yes, got similar on both these -

- The app option for the charge port was always there previously, now it sometimes appears after a random delay but it's usually faster to open the nearside rear door slightly which wakes the car & then press the port flap.

- The command 'USB' has worked for a long time to resume music where it was on the previous drive. That command is no longer recognised & 'resume USB' gives a permanently spinning circle so the only option is to slide the music card upward and manually choose from recent folders, then forward to the required song.

The voice control result for 'trips' still gives an appropriate response of 'Tourettes' on many occasions and 'turn wipers off' sometimes results in 'turn wife off' (is Tesla adding 'gagware' to future cars?)

• Funny
Reactions: CWT3LR
- window wipers 'dry wiping' 30 minutes into my commute for no apparant reason. Smearing salt all over the windscreen. Dry day, clear windscreen, no reason for them to suddenly 'go for it'. Never happened again. Cruise Control (1 click down) activated.

• Informative
I have had the passenger side wing mirror not opening once or twice this past couple of months too.

A new strange one for me this morning was the satnav map wouldn't render, so I had the route and the relevant parts of the route showing where heavy traffic was located, but only with the black & grey grid background. Luckily it was a route I knew well so didn't really need it (Checked signal strength and it was showing full strength). Two button reset once I got to my location kicked the maps back into life.

• Informative
I have had the passenger side wing mirror not opening once or twice this past couple of months too.

A new strange one for me this morning was the satnav map wouldn't render, so I had the route and the relevant parts of the route showing where heavy traffic was located, but only with the black & grey grid background. Luckily it was a route I knew well so didn't really need it (Checked signal strength and it was showing full strength). Two button reset once I got to my location kicked the maps back into life.
Had the same a couple of weeks ago. With all these minor bugs does show that the software is not robust.

I have the front seat heaters loaded on the bottom status bar. Today, the passenger one has vanished! Tried a reboot twice but no better. Now at start of journey it's there, then it disappears part way through. Anyone else got this? It's a Dec 22 M3 running 2022.44.30

Attachments

• 20230209_141238.jpg
    20230209_141238.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 63
I have the front seat heaters loaded on the bottom status bar. Today, the passenger one has vanished! Tried a reboot twice but no better. Now at start of journey it's there, then it disappears part way through. Anyone else got this? It's a Dec 22 M3 running 2022.44.30
To be clear it is just the icon disappearing mid journey is it not the actual seat? cos that would be very concerning.

Just my un-informed (as usual) speculation - seat occupant in position or not? Is the icon linked to the seat occupancy sensor - no occupant, no pressure on the sensor, no icon?

Reactions: Medved_77