Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

... and the glitch of the day is ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had the passenger side wing mirror not opening once or twice this past couple of months too.

A new strange one for me this morning was the satnav map wouldn't render, so I had the route and the relevant parts of the route showing where heavy traffic was located, but only with the black & grey grid background. Luckily it was a route I knew well so didn't really need it (Checked signal strength and it was showing full strength). Two button reset once I got to my location kicked the maps back into life.
Temporary maps issues like that are usually related to connectivity blips. You can reliably reproduce the behaviour if you spend any amount of time with the car in a known area that is out of mobile data contact i.e. If the area of no data is big enough you eventually lose the map refresh. Loss of connectivity can be one of (or a mix of) the following: car location in relation to data mast, temporary fault at data mast, SIM issue, car comms hardware issue, car mirror hardware issue, car software issue... take your pick!

I have the front seat heaters loaded on the bottom status bar. Today, the passenger one has vanished! Tried a reboot twice but no better. Now at start of journey it's there, then it disappears part way through. Anyone else got this? It's a Dec 22 M3 running 2022.44.30
Not a glitch. When no one's in the seat the passenger HVAC controls disappear for efficiency (no need to blow air on a non existent passenger). If you press with your hand on the seat they will reappear.
Note that this doesn't happen often in winter as the car still uses both to warm up the cabin initially, so you might not have noticed on shorter rides. But will learn to appreciate it on longer ones. As it was quite sunny today and I saw it too on mine I assume the cabin was warmed up enough when you got in so it didn't need to use passenger HVAC. That would probably put the interior temp threshold at around 10°

Not a glitch. When no one's in the seat the passenger HVAC controls disappear for efficiency (no need to blow air on a non existent passenger). If you press with your hand on the seat they will reappear.
Note that this doesn't happen often in winter as the car still uses both to warm up the cabin initially, so you might not have noticed on shorter rides. But will learn to appreciate it on longer ones. As it was quite sunny today and I saw it too on mine I assume the cabin was warmed up enough when you got in so it didn't need to use passenger HVAC. That would probably put the interior temp threshold at around 10°
Interesting. I'll check that out. I drive the car solo quite a lot and haven't noticed the icon disappearing before. Logged a service request too so let's see if Tesla confirm. Thanks

Temporary maps issues like that are usually related to connectivity blips. You can reliably reproduce the behaviour if you spend any amount of time with the car in a known area that is out of mobile data contact i.e. If the area of no data is big enough you eventually lose the map refresh. Loss of connectivity can be one of (or a mix of) the following: car location in relation to data mast, temporary fault at data mast, SIM issue, car comms hardware issue, car mirror hardware issue, car software issue... take your pick!
that was my thought too, until i notice it was it was updating my route with traffic updates (orange and red) so it must have had some sort of comms back to the mothership

Interesting. I'll check that out. I drive the car solo quite a lot and haven't noticed the icon disappearing before. Logged a service request too so let's see if Tesla confirm. Thanks
No need to bother Tesla Service, it's in the manual.

When Model Y detects that there are no passengers sitting in the passenger seat, the passenger vent and controls automatically turn off. Adjust the climate settings to enable passenger air flow.