TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

And we get a nose cone

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Joules Verne, Feb 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Joules Verne

Joules Verne Member

That F-type is sweet looking all around. Tesla, don't let your inspirations stop at the back-end of Jaguar. Check out the front too. This is a snout with purpose. Love it. Jag got their design mojo back with this car.

image.jpeg

2. SomeJoe7777

SomeJoe7777 Marginally-Known Member

Yes, it's purpose is to allow for airflow through the radiator so that 80% of the gasoline's energy can be wasted as heat.

I like the design myself, it's highly attractive, and it could indeed inspire a similar look for other cars. But it's also a relic of the past.

3. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

#3 ArtInCT, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    The quality of the paint jobs I have seen on the F-type are very, very nice.

I was able to test drive the larger engined F-type and then the Cadillac CTS-V....

Were I forced to drive the two, I would go for the Caddy... The Caddy is a coupe, not nearly as nice inside, but it drives better.

IMHO, the car that is closest to the Model S is the Maserati Ghibli in both looks and layout. In fact they are twins....

Also Ford and Chevy are really doing a clone of the S with the Fusion and the Malibu... have you seen the side views of both of those cars? A design ripoff.

4. Joules Verne

Joules Verne Member

I agree with all those points.

Still a sexy machine.

Would love Tesla to get the front of the S to sexy.
    Visually, the nose cone was a bad idea, and while the look of new the X is different, its not an improvement.
    The Model S is worthy of so much more.

5. SomeJoe7777

SomeJoe7777 Marginally-Known Member

I do think the X is an improvement over the S, but I completely agree that the nose cones on both could look way better.

6. CasuaL

CasuaL Member

It's a great looking car with amazing exhaust sound, especially in the "R" version... however, nothing beats the absence of engine noise in an electric car.