Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Andersen A2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a mixed experience with my A2. Had it for about a year now. When it arrived, there were scratches and paint bubbles on the front plate, which the installer logged and I contacted support about.

I also could never get the phone app to recognise my charger. It worked fine as a dumb charger, but it just wouldn't connect to anything.

It took them around 7 months to send someone round with a new faceplate and they replaced some of the internals too. Not happy about the wait, but at least they made it good eventually.

I still get multiple "lost internet connection" warnings from the charger on my phone every day, even though it's just a few feet away from the nearest wifi node, through a garage wall. This is frustrating but doesn't seem to cause any problems in practice.

I had a mixed experience with my A2. Had it for about a year now. When it arrived, there were scratches and paint bubbles on the front plate, which the installer logged and I contacted support about.

I also could never get the phone app to recognise my charger. It worked fine as a dumb charger, but it just wouldn't connect to anything.

It took them around 7 months to send someone round with a new faceplate and they replaced some of the internals too. Not happy about the wait, but at least they made it good eventually.

I still get multiple "lost internet connection" warnings from the charger on my phone every day, even though it's just a few feet away from the nearest wifi node, through a garage wall. This is frustrating but doesn't seem to cause any problems in practice.
Had mine a month now and no issues. Connected all the time to WiFi so can check usage morning noon and night!

Genuinely like my Anderson A2, but this morning woke up to see that it can't connect to the Wi-Fi.

The Access Point is 4 meters away from the charger & can confirm it is connected to the network (can ping it). Completed the network reset and the app said it was a successful configuration. Then tested the Konnect App on both iPhones and they both report "No Connection".

I don't use the app as we use Intelligent Octopus to manage the charging, so hopefully this hick up connecting via Wi-Fi won't impact the unit, but will find out tonight. Have any of you recently had this problem and did you manage to resolve?

Contacted Anderson Support so will feedback any updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: DBader
Genuinely like my Anderson A2, but this morning woke up to see that it can't connect to the Wi-Fi.

The Access Point is 4 meters away from the charger & can confirm it is connected to the network (can ping it). Completed the network reset and the app said it was a successful configuration. Then tested the Konnect App on both iPhones and they both report "No Connection".

I don't use the app as we use Intelligent Octopus to manage the charging, so hopefully this hick up connecting via Wi-Fi won't impact the unit, but will find out tonight. Have any of you recently had this problem and did you manage to resolve?
I must say that though I didn’t specifically choose the Zappi because it has its own screen and button interface it really is a handy feature in situations like this. Being able to get fault information directly off the unit can greatly help in troubleshooting this kind of thing.

Reactions: Drew57

I had a couple alerts in the middle of the night on my watch to say it’s offline. I’ve just checked and it’s also lost it’s signal and is showing lost connection from my phone.

I have a WiFi mesh and one of the units is near the front window with line of sight to both the car and the Andersen through the front window, which is no more than 6 feet away. I placed it there as the WiFi on the M3 isn’t the best.

I’ve not actually plugged in for a while at home as I can get free charging at work, although they will probably start charging soon.

I had a couple alerts in the middle of the night on my watch to say it’s offline. I’ve just checked and it’s also lost it’s signal and is showing lost connection from my phone.

I have a WiFi mesh and one of the units is near the front window with line of sight to both the car and the Andersen through the front window, which is no more than 6 feet away. I placed it there as the WiFi on the M3 isn’t the best.

I’ve not actually plugged in for a while at home as I can get free charging at work, although they will probably start charging soon.
Thanks Stuart, let us know how the test goes.

Thanks Stuart, let us know how the test goes.
I’ve logged a ticket rather than call them up.

I suspect that the issue is at Andersen’s end so I don’t really want to reset my box just yet until they’ve escalated the issue internally, or at least that‘s what I’d hope they would do with the numbers of people who look to be affected.

It sounds like first line support started doing basic troubleshooting, which isn’t fixing it. That’s not a criticism, most companies would do that for the first issues that come in until they realise it’s a larger issue.

Same here, woke up to the same “no internet connection“ issue, the charger is still showing as connected to my wifi but the app is saying different. Tried calling them but the office is closed until Monday. Sounds harsh but kind of glad that it’s not just me so that at least points to it being an issue their end.

Reactions: Durzel
Thank goodness I found this thread - been trying to connect all day! I assume it’s server issues their side. Cost me a few pence too as it carried on charging after 4:30 (Octopus Go). That’s my only criticism of the A2, that the schedule isn’t stored in the charger but via the app so when you lose connection you lose the schedules you’ve set up.

Reactions: hairysteve

I think this is a problem their end. My A2 is rock solid with its connection but it’s reported connection in the iOS app died at around 0430 today.

It’s connected perfectly to the WiFi and I can even manually enable and disable it using the slider on the app’s front page so there is clearly a functional connection between app > cloud > charger and back again.

Yet still the app reports “No Connection” and scheduling is disabled.

I think something went bang in Andersen’s back end early this morning and nobody’s woken up server side to fix it yet.

Reactions: hairysteve
Not going to lie, I am a little bit concerned that the charger is essentially dumb without a connection to an internet based server that could at some point be offline indefinitely.

One would assume that with local area network access, or Bluetooth, or whatever you could at least operate it, even if you couldn’t do it over the internet without this server or servers. To be honest I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve wanted to access it remotely, and that’s only really been “because I can”.

Reactions: Adopado
Not going to lie, I am a little bit concerned that the charger is essentially dumb without a connection to an internet based server that could at some point be offline indefinitely.

One would assume that with local area network access, or Bluetooth, or whatever you could at least operate it, even if you couldn’t do it over the internet without this server or servers. To be honest I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve wanted to access it remotely, and that’s only really been “because I can”.

All “smart” chargers are pretty much the same in this respect though, they’re OCPP devices that require an OCPP control point to enrol with. At least the A2 defaults to “dumb/on” which several others don’t!