Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Andersen A2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So does that mean if the servers are offline you can’t use the charger anymore ??

No. It just means it’s not “smart”.

I had an email a few moments ago from Andersen saying they’d had cloud service issues and that it’s back now.

It’s very slow, but there are more green lights than before.

Desperately, desperately slow in fact.

Last edited:
Not going to lie, I am a little bit concerned that the charger is essentially dumb without a connection to an internet based server that could at some point be offline indefinitely.

One would assume that with local area network access, or Bluetooth, or whatever you could at least operate it, even if you couldn’t do it over the internet without this server or servers. To be honest I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve wanted to access it remotely, and that’s only really been “because I can”.

If Anderson released the code in order to manage the charger then there would be potential to mange it locally but I don’t see that happening.

I do wonder what data is transmitted, might be a good project for someone to look at, not sure if anyone worth the technical know how would bother though

Update and closure.

————-
Today we experienced some issues with our cloud services where your app may have shown your charger offline intermittently.

Our teams have worked very hard to resume the service and we are pleased to say that the service is now resumed.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Reactions: DBader
Update and closure.

————-
Today we experienced some issues with our cloud services where your app may have shown your charger offline intermittently.

Our teams have worked very hard to resume the service and we are pleased to say that the service is now resumed.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Thanks for posting an update. Mine’s working ok now but the app is much slower than normal - it’s also failed to register the charge on Friday night, but that’s no biggie!

Reactions: hairysteve
Thanks for posting an update. Mine’s working ok now but the app is much slower than normal - it’s also failed to register the charge on Friday night, but that’s no biggie!

It may not be back 100% as they have sent another update out:

Dear Customer,

Following the cloud downtime yesterday, some customers may still experience some performance issues today.

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused and we are working hard at restoring the best service to all our customers.

We can reassure you that all functionalities are working but sometimes with a delay. However If you have a schedule set or your unit is locked and you are unable to unlock/cancel using the app; you can do a network reset on your unit following the link below.

https://support.andersen-ev.com/products/troubleshooting/reset-your-unit/

Note: you should only do this if your app is not responding as you will have to reconnect your unit afterward following this link:

https://support.andersen-ev.com/products/konnect/

You can now follow all the updates and the health of the Andersen system online here:

https://andersen-ev.com/updates/

Please do not respond to this email as this mailbox is not monitored.

Kind Regards

Andersen Customer Support Team

Reactions: hairysteve
Just to share my experience, I had issues for months with my Andersen dropping out of my wifi network, which had the affect of deleting my programmed timed schedules for charging.

So I had been just using the Tesla to demand a charge, rather than using the unit... which had issues as could not get charge to turn off at end of my off peak rate.

Andersen were very helpful in assisting with the issue and I tried many things including changes to the wifi network, but nothing seemed to help.

Andersen have now done a software update which seems to have fixed the problem, with the Andersen now much more robust when there are temporary wifi outages - have not had issues since (other than the separate cloud outage mentioned above over the weekend, also now fIxed!)

Just thought I'd post this here in case others have had similar issues but not raised it with Andersen so not aware of the fix.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel