Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anderson A2 Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As quality as the Andersen is, stuff like this is just embarassing..

Screenshot-2020-02-11-at-21.50.20.jpg

update:

Ordered the Andersen A2 on 11th June in anticipation of Q3 Model 3 deliveries

My unit got delivered yesterday, and install is scheduled for August 5th - so all within the 8 weeks estimated at outset - all good! :)

So should be all wired in and ready to go for my M3 due on 17th August.

Now just got to switch to Octopus Go tariff (already got SMETS 2 meter and am on an alternative Octopus Green tariff, so that bit should be easy!)

Reactions: Durzel
I went with the A2 and it’s not disappointed, the only issue we had was with delivery. For some reason they arranged for it to be delivered on the day of install (Wednesday) and it arrived the day after.

The engineer was great though and came Back on the Friday to install it - not much of a hardship since we were working from home.

Reactions: JupiterMan
Mine’s being installed next Friday. Just need a car to go with it now.

Ha, I’m in the same boat with the car (probably literally) and my Andersen A2 is apparently being shipped to me tomorrow, but the installation is on hold as I don’t know what our main house fuse is - someone has unhelpfully scratched the label off it.

One of the things that attracted me to the Andersen, in addition to its aesthetics, was that they arrange all the installation. Please let us know how this goes....

Reactions: JupiterMan
Ha, I’m in the same boat with the car (probably literally) and my Andersen A2 is apparently being shipped to me tomorrow, but the installation is on hold as I don’t know what our main house fuse is - someone has unhelpfully scratched the label off it.

One of the things that attracted me to the Andersen, in addition to its aesthetics, was that they arrange all the installation. Please let us know how this goes....

had my installed took 4 months due to the power company needing to do work but the charger seems good so far

Will be seriously considering this charger, the looks of it a far better than most others I have seen, the hiding of the cable just makes it alot easier to have put on the garage.
Yes definitely worth it, I found going directly to Anderson for installation the best option for businesses that are claiming the VAT back as many independent installers are not VAT registered but the Anderson price will include VAT on the full price.

Reactions: j1mgg
thanks all.

Yes went with colour to match the garage door, and its almost spot on... wife should be happy when she gets home!

Had option to route the cable to the charger on interior or exterior of house - for me a no brainier to do it inside really, gives the unit a very clean look.

Inside the installer was able to put the cable through the loft space to get to the fuse box, so all nicely done with minimal interior trunking.

Happy that the app allows you to set off peak rates, so should work well with Octopus Go tariff in displaying costs.

Purchased ours this morning, but have a £200 additional fee to pay as the fuse box in the detached garage only has two fuses, both used, and their is a questionaquestion if I will get 7kW charging, as I don't know the rating of cable running from house to garage, but hopes would be high as it was built in 2004 with the house.

Let the missus choose the colour scheme, make her feel part of my journey.

Reactions: Durzel
As a point of note, if you're on Octopus Agile you can implement a "reverse lockout" by setting a schedule with a start time of 19:00 and end time of 16:00. This has the effect of locking out the charger as a failsafe during the Agile peak hours, and it being unlocked at other times.

IMG_14D8F24AA2DC-1.jpeg

I have been very happy with mine (had it just over a month).

Looks great, tidy installation, app works great (via WiFi)... infact the whole purchase to installation process was great (though considerably lengthened due to COVID-19). I elected to do everything with Andersen rather than get a local OLEV installer as that way, if there would be any sort of issue, it would be clear it was something Andersen would need to resolve (and there could be no argument between whether it was the unit or the installer etc.) I was very particular to do this as our install was quite complex, with no easy route from the fuse box to the charger. The install was done by one Andersen engineer, who spent a good few hours on the job. He talked me through everything to make sure I was happy.

I love the looks and the fact that I don't need to unwind the whole wire if I don't need to (I believe other chargers should be fully unwound before use). Also pleased to support a British company, especially in these times.

Andersen A2 Charger.jpg