Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android 13 update phone key not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just updated my Pixel 5 to Android 13. Since that time I have been having issues with my phone key. At first it worked very sporadically. Now I can't even get it to connect. I've tried uninstalling the app, forgetting Bluetooth, rebooting the car, allowing all permissions etc. Is anybody else having this issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I had same problem . I just downloaded latest up date 2023.2.10 on january 28th and it finally worked like it used to as a key.

not sure which update it was , I have so many different security enhancement, and security software numbers in the about phone, not sure which one it was that was updated
I have zfold 4 stopped working as key for a month. Just downloaded latest software update 2023.2.10 and finally was able to reinstall phone as key. Also my wall charger was not opening charger door. Now that works again too. Very happy!

Reactions: SamGr
I just updated my Pixel 5 to Android 13. Since that time I have been having issues with my phone key. At first it worked very sporadically. Now I can't even get it to connect. I've tried uninstalling the app, forgetting Bluetooth, rebooting the car, allowing all permissions etc. Is anybody else having this issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Same here: Pixel 7 worked fine as Tesla car key until it updated to Android 13 (probably a bug regression in their new Gabeldorsche Bluetooth stack). Sent detailed bug report to Pixel support. None of their suggested remedies worked so far. Asked for a rollback to Android 12, but they are not assisting on the grounds that they're working on a fix. Three weeks ago they told me the fix (part of a broader Android 13 update) will be rolled out in the first week of September 2023. Android 13 Bletooth issues are well known since August 2022 (see betatester forums), yet Google rolled it out to the broad public. All car brands are affected as well as health devices using Bluetooth. It's a