Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android and 2023 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a 2023 Model S. When i use my new S23 Ultra Android with my car it sometimes unlocks, sometimes doesnt unlock at all and is just quirky. When i switch over to my iPhone 14 Pro Max it works like a charm every time. Is there a known issue with Bluetooth and Android in this car? I would much prefer to use my Android phone vs the iPhone.

Android 13 broke the BLE stack with Bluetooth a while ago. This has impacted a lot of Android phones, primarily Samsung phones. This has caused a lot of Bluetooth related connectivity issues in the last few months. Google fixed this with an update, and there were Pixel users who had this issue resolved. But Samsung wasn’t rolling out any real updates for a while

I had a lot of issues with my Fold 2, i.e. Fitbit not connecting, my PAAK not working, etc. Most of these issues have gone away since about a month ago. So not sure if this was fixed or not.

This could be the reason for your BT issues with your S23. Does PAAK work without any issues ?

It's flakey, sometimes, usually I have to tap the handle and it opens, however with the iPhone it works perfect 😑
Yeah, it could be related to the Bluetooth issues. I never liked the whole PAAK ideas to begin with because I find BT to be a very flakey communication protocol for something as vital as using it for a car key, so I bought a fob and and have been using it as my primary key.

Yeah, it could be related to the Bluetooth issues. I never liked the whole PAAK ideas to begin with because I find BT to be a very flakey communication protocol for something as vital as using it for a car key, so I bought a fob and and have been using it as my primary key.
As someone who regularly owns several Teslas at once, I absolutely love the idea of it. It's the implementation that leaves much to be desired. Being able to access/manage all of my cars with one device and not manage multiple key fobs is a liberating idea. I just wish it worked better.