Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android App Notifications Missing? (Dec 2016)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, I did a quick search and didn't find anything about this, but go ahead and merge this with an existing thread if I didn't see it...

...Starting last week, I stopped getting notifications from the Android app. This coincided with a recent update of my phone (Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon, not rooted) on last Friday (Dec 9, 2016) and it seemed to reset a lot of my app permissions - I have to re-enable location permissions on many apps, which actually is fine with me. But, now I no longer get the charging started/stopped notifications that I'm used to. The app on my old iPad 2 is still receiving notifications so I know this isn't affecting iOS.

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the Tesla app, and turned off and then back on the push notifications inside the app after the reinstall, and still don't see anything. Is anyone else experiencing this issue on Android, or is it because something got screwy inside my phone and it's just a me problem?

I just picked up my car last Wednesday and I haven't received a single notification yet in the Android app. I got an update notification in my car yesterday but didn't know about it until I was leaving for work. When I installed the update, I didn't get any notification that it was done. I have almost every notification option selected but am not receiving notifications for charging, etc.

Uninstall and reinstall the app.

Worth a try, right?

Mike

Already tried, and even went ahead and manually shut off notifications in the app after the reinstall and re-enabled them.

My update was to 6.0.1.

Once thing I did notice is that the Charging Started/Stopped notifications are not enabled by default, at least they weren't when I reinstalled. I re-enabled them but they didn't come through last night.

I'm also having the issue. Began to notice it a few days ago, but it's probably been at least a week. I've deleted all app cache, restarted the phone. I'm getting notifications from all other apps. Motorola Nexus 6 with 7.0 on it. I have not received any phone OS updates or security patches before this started (i.e. it was working fine). It's probably something at Tesla's end as the phone has to push the notifications through Tesla to the app.

I will keep an eye out today, my car is at the Service Center so I expect it to be charging at some point. I have a Nexus 6P and have been on 7.1.1 for a while now and notifications always worked so it needs to be something on the Tesla side.

Ditto here, notifs still working on my wife's ipad and no longer working on my droid, as we sit side by side and the car finishes charging, she knows it and I don't.. Typical of most things in our relationship. :p So, everything is working as expected!

The good side of this is of course, is that she's awesome. We'll be talking on the phone at the end of my work day, and she'll offer stuff like, "do you want me to pre-heat the car for you"... knowing that I'm sitting in a network locked down bunker and there's no way for my App to reach the car.

• Funny
Reactions: Andyw2100