Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android app question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Unpilot

Sell order in at $5999.99
Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2017
A Coast
I left my Model S 100D in my garage while I am out of town for the week.
I checked it using the Android tesla app and for the first 3 days it showed state of charge and all other features worked.

Today it seems to connect to the car ok but shows no battery charge or mileage or anything.

Is this normal?

I left my Model S 100D in my garage while I am out of town for the week.
I checked it using the Android tesla app and for the first 3 days it showed state of charge and all other features worked.

Today it seems to connect to the car ok but shows no battery charge or mileage or anything.

Is this normal?
I've frequently been unable to get a connection, but I've never had missing info if connected.

Yeah I tried rebooting the phone ...same result.
It is strange ...the only thing I can think of is I signed up for TeslaFi.

Not sure how that would affect it. However after reading the thread about spontaneous radio's and screens turning on I am a little worried my battery is dead.

I get home today around 5pm so I will know then

I think the car went into some kind of sleep mode.

When I got home it would not start right away and there was a notice about systems starting up and to push brake after the message goes away.

The center screen was dark and took awhile to come online.
It was only 5 days and the car was in a garage in temps around 35f

We had something similar happening on a long trip. Several times during the trip, we'd "ping" the car to verify the charge level was still fine - and at some point during the trip, we were no longer able to connect.

The car was OK when we returned - not sure why it stopped responding mid-trip...