Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android app won't log on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CharleyBC

Jun 28, 2019
Talent, OR
We've had our 3 for two and a half years. Every now and then the Tesla phone app wants us to log in again. Today my wife's Android phone's Tesla app is refusing to let her log in, saying the password is wrong. We've tried multiple times. Carefully verified the email and the password--spelling, case, etc. No good. I logged out on purpose on my iPhone, and was able to log back in no sweat. I can also log in to the website. We've watched each other type, looking for silly errors. We're confident everything is right, but she can't log in, so the app is useless for her. She has killed the app multiple times. All to no avail.

Any thoughts? Buy her an iPhone? ;)

Besides "waiting till a bit later in the day" no. Sometimes the app has glitches like this, and its usually resolved by something on the back end (provided you are not using some ancient android phone, with a very old version of the OS).
Thanks. We'll try again as soon as she gets home in a while.

@bryanbruin, I see you disagree with jjrandorin's post. I'm just curious what you've encountered on this. I'm eager to hear all thoughts!

Thanks. We'll try again as soon as she gets home in a while.

@bryanbruin, I see you disagree with jjrandorin's post. I'm just curious what you've encountered on this. I'm eager to hear all thoughts!

That user was hunting down all my posts to disagree with them, regardless of subject, so I doubt its something specific to your situation they disagreed with.

Is it any better today?

I cannot get into my account. It wants me to perform a two-step verification via the TMC app. What app? I have not had to do this before, and I cannot find the app on the PlayStore (Android).
Any suggestions on how to login? I appear to be caught in a catch-22.
Tim
"Ron Burgundy"
2012 Signature
Seattle