Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android app's new version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Unable to Connect" error. The previous version worked fine, but the newer version I downloaded yesterday won't connect. I can see that the "password" field is blank, but I'm unable to fill it in, because whenever I click on the password field, the "Unable to connect" error pops up and takes over the input.
Anyone else see this problem? Any ideas on how to get around it?

Still has the same bugs as before.

If you change networks, such as going from cellular data outside to WiFi inside, you have to quit the app by swiping it away on the app switcher to get it to reload. Basically if you don't see the red splash screen after changing networks, it won't connect to the car.

If you ever try to connect while Tesla's servers are down, it erases your saved password. Assuming you have a strong password (16 characters or more), you're offline until you get back to your password manager app on your laptop or desktop.

A newer bug introduced in one of the more recent builds is that if you leave the app in the state where it's trying to connect to the car, then switch away to another app, it will forcibly interrupt your other app after 30 seconds or so to switch back to itself and let you know it couldn't connect to the car. Depending on what you were doing in that other app, it can lead to data loss.

"Unable to Connect" error. The previous version worked fine, but the newer version I downloaded yesterday won't connect. I can see that the "password" field is blank, but I'm unable to fill it in, because whenever I click on the password field, the "Unable to connect" error pops up and takes over the input.

Same here...

Same here...

I did see this once, though it was not the first time I used the new app. I believe the way I managed to solve the problem was I "force-quit" the app, from the Settings/App Manager menus, and then when I launched the app again, all was well.