Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android Auto Display Audio - AUX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I was interested in getting this: Amazon.com for my 2013 tesla model s as I love android auto and the app for teslas doesnt work well.
The problem is, for audio, you can connect to car via AUX or FM transmitter. I dont have radio on my car after mcu upgrade, and there is no aux connection, with various online sources saying usb to aux doesnt work.

I know the model 3 and model y instrument cluster+android auto/apple carplay connect to the car via bluetooth and can transmit your audio to the car that way. Does anyone know of anything similar for a 2013 tesla model s? A android auto mountable display that I can connect the unit too via bluetooth for decent audio?

Teslaa works really well in my 3.0 computer. Love Android Auto for speed traps, better traffic alerts, etc. I'd use for road trips though, and regular Tesla Navi for short trips. Best $3 spent.
(1) So it costs $3 every time U use Android Auto while driving your Tesla on trip
(2) I have MYLR 2023, where to I go (from screen) and load Android Auto if needed?
in the learning mode
Thanks all Tesla Pros

Upvote 0
I too purchased the TeslAA app and it works great! I also use the Automate app and created a routine (they call them "flows") to enable the hotspot on my phone when it connects to the Tesla's Bluetooth. When entering the car, all I have to do is tap the LTE icon in the Tesla display to select my phone's hotspot and open the browser and Android Auto starts right up! I haven't figured out a way to have the Tesla automatically connect to my phone's hotspot, so if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them!

And as for why I prefer Android Auto over the built-in Tesla navigation and audio apps? Mainly because I use Google Podcasts and Pandora and with no built-in Tesla apps for those, I find it more difficult to have to grab my phone and unlock it every time I want to switch songs or fast forward and the like. I also use a lot of Google tools and apps and it's just easier to tap the Google mic in AA on the screen to issue a command that goes directly to my Google account. And it seems that Google Maps may be a little better at displaying live traffic conditions and generating a quicker route around traffic issues. It's so easy to swipe the browser up and down it's really easy to toggle between the Tesla nav and AA depending on your needs. Cheers!

Upvote 0