Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android Auto phone holder

dano9258

talkingevs.com
Jan 28, 2018
Las Vegas, NV

Gasaraki

Oct 21, 2019
Syracuse, NY
That's what I use currently for over a year now. Works just fine for me.

1626957758308.png

Gasaraki

Oct 21, 2019
Syracuse, NY
Do we really need this? I feel like the maps on Tesla are good too. Just that it won't highlight the traffic areas in red like gmaps, otherwise I feel Tesla navigation is really good
It's for my streaming music (Tidal) and sometimes Uber. Having the phone in front of you up high is better than looking down in to the charging cubby hole.

Darmie

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2016
Clear Lake TX.
What's wrong with a charging pad in the console? I find it still easy to see the phone from there.
Just seen your post. When I drove for ride sharing I found that I didn't look down that often on the phone and listen to the directions. I would also do a read back to the car nav when it would give me an address and use the nav screen for most all my navigation. Most passengers love it when they seen the big screen of where they were going and time to get there.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC