Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android Bluetooth connection music interface issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently switched to Android and I miss my iPhone Bluetooth connection interface, especially seeing album art (I know the art doesn't come from the phone) as well as being able to use the steering wheel controls to navigate songs. What is the best way to get this back with Android? Or isnit better just to load up a USB drive with music?

Tesla doesn't support aptX over Bluetooth, so the sound quality when streaming from Android over Bluetooth is horrific. Unfortunately Tesla has shown no interest in fixing this.

They've also broken USB music something awful.

Your best option is to hope that some other, more competent company will make a decent electric car. I am dead serious at this point. Tesla seems to be completely hopeles.

Reactions: am_dmd
I recently switched to Android and I miss my iPhone Bluetooth connection interface, especially seeing album art (I know the art doesn't come from the phone) as well as being able to use the steering wheel controls to navigate songs. What is the best way to get this back with Android? Or isnit better just to load up a USB drive with music?

I have a Pixel 3 XL and had a Pixel 2 XL. Both sent album art to Tesla and I could pause, skip and back-skip songs from the steering wheel. I do wish Tesla would support AptX, though

Here is my Android phone (Pixel) showing album art
ax-a6Zcu3POyrdfwxos4WqCmweDmUQupztY8eGTKpMFjdQKKQxEf5cvxF6a7-jAMNbNAzn0OzuEBohntcIflV1soSBsgPA1lqrGI_23jLdrgEcZ0FYz2kv9qirB8yz8YtKZ34iUpLFhzHzrolQK4xwmWih8KVLHRywXZ3DOS_cR-XX6Uao5K3lEp3CSFRtFaIXgFqsvmpLbpIR0DILoCFwPXnKpD2db6GQpOOdX1uRIZ249fk7FC5prAe5UJ9c98eaQ9i8gJWTamKpgggc8filjg8YsDDyyn97W2imB5njK4oyK9sKEU-ikEmz1cnlgj86mMQdBPZ_ra6wy51SESzcDMPeualC27g4aJn_fjpvTwfCZO7lW9Cit7F9Y4orzm3E5gsFmKFVZ02opQ5S8Vs3lMIO1Q-cRK3MCWQTgebMvOuLuzv_i_2hGppOON5WBQNzbY6jAtNKqfTUxgFpFiFFiaaHBk6IAlrusuqplbiLo30Y81h5Z4KSgvAZ6lZdOnVHhBPjVGPUuQFRqEkTBpFkvj2C0pgbN8PSHuRoyxWVMtbDm9vs_QvXz6jUU6C2Gx2IpfEs4411v6lFSsmDzUU_LJqZbgEF4Nfx7FydNXxcbvZoR8WqXFrohNdPFDzqo1OLxApuBgaxT3TERTOcSxybX3huJisugjcmRKdg-5pCtQxzyBH2B-022_p15G6vcFS0T_wVQjVKhyAVtMw20=w416-h309-no

Here is quick video showing using the steering wheel control to navigate songs.