TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Android (or iPhone) - conenct to Google via steering wheel button

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Blu-Ion, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Blu-Ion

Blu-Ion Member

In my other car (BMW X3), I can connect to my Google Assistant (or Siri on wife's iPhone) if I press the steering wheel phone button for 3 seconds, this bypasses the car's infotainment system

I haven't been able to figure out how to do this in TM3. In the BMW, I can use all Google Assistant features over bluetooth, really handy to read/write text messages etc...

Any way to do this on Model 3?

2. fallen888

fallen888 Lurker

I don't think that's a thing (yet) in Teslas.

3. Jrzapata

Jrzapata Member

Not an option. What I do for my iPhone is to use “Hey Siri” to interact with the phone

4. crackers8199

crackers8199 Member

same works with "ok google" on android. for some phones you might have to set it to keep the screen on, though...at least for mine i think you do. i haven't been able to get it to acknowledge the "ok google" with the screen off.

5. Utahken

Utahken Member

• Like x 1