TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Android Phone - Model 3 Plan

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Dr Gez, May 11, 2018.

1. Dr Gez

Dr Gez Member

I've ordered my Model 3 and given how voice text does not work in the Model 3, this is my plan - let me know if this would work in the model 3.

1. Configure Android Auto to automatically launch on my Pixel 2 XL when bluetooth connection made.
    2. Have my Pixel 2 XL charging in the charging dock and screen visible at all times
    3. When want to send a text do my normal Hey Google and dictate text message

My question is, will I hear Google Assistant through the car speakers as it is connected to bluetooth or will it only play sound through my phone. Same way, when I get a text message received, when I ask google to read my text will it play through the car speakers or just the phone?

And (will probably not do this and use Tesla maps) but if for some reason I find that the real time traffic is much better on Google Maps due tot he lack of Teslas in my area, if I run google maps through android auto on my phone, will the sound (directions) come through bluetooth speakers?

2. Shygar

Shygar Member

I think it all depends if you have music switched to Bluetooth on the Model 3. Then the sound should come

3. Dr Gez

Dr Gez Member

So I can't couldn't have the Tesla music and maps going at the same time then have the phone bluetooth audio come through for non music - so in that case I will need to use my phone for sounds to send and receive voice text.